GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 12:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: something wrong with the forum  (Read 7227 times)
GEB
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 09:37 PM »

Years ago I was the first among my friends to have a portable cassette deck. It was about a foot long, six inches wide and four inches thick. We were all pretty impressed. Last Sunday I sat down with this Ipad on my lap. It was about the size of a National Geographic magazine. After just a few minutes I thought about the capabilities of it.

I could put a hundred compact discs/albums on it

Many of my favorite or new movies on it

Thousands of pictures

Send messages to friends around the world in seconds

Look at most any place in the world from space to street level

Have a thousand of my books from my library on it

Play hundreds of video games on it

Write any type of paper I might want.

Balance my financial statements

View and learn from millions of topics from all over the world

Read the newspaper and magazines

Order almost anything and make reservations almost anywhere.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Then my 4-year-old Granddaughter came over and asks if I wanted to play a game?
She picked it up and literally within seconds started a video game. Then showed me her favorite music video, how to paint a picture, and how to build a construction site complete with vehicles. Easy to use yea!
There may be fast and better devices for each of the things it can do, but it is all there in one small package with no cables, portable and just down right cool. IMO
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 04:30 AM »

I have an 8 gig Creative Zen that I'm using to watch Battlestar Galactica (2 episodes at a time, 2 meg an episode) and I've got 80 albums on it. I have a little over 2 gig left over. We have a computer in the kitchen on most of the time to access the internet. I'm sure it's nice but I've got all the digital access I need.

Bob D.
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 05:00 AM »

Will It Blend? - iPad

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 06:22 AM »

Huh
Pretty tough blender.  Cheesy

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 07:18 AM »

I'm sure this sort of device will be common in not too many years. They'll come down in price like everything else and you'll be able to get one for a hundred bucks.

Why go through all the trouble to print media when you can view it on a tablet. No paper, no garbage, sounds good to me.

Apple event tomorrow to show iPhone OS 4.0 beta. Hopefully they'll add some cool stuff.
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 05:52 PM »

I'm sure this sort of device will be common in not too many years. They'll come down in price like everything else and you'll be able to get one for a hundred bucks.

Why go through all the trouble to print media when you can view it on a tablet. No paper, no garbage, sounds good to me.

Apple event tomorrow to show iPhone OS 4.0 beta. Hopefully they'll add some cool stuff.
Hopefully one of those things is adding attachments to emails! And flash would be great ,too. I always thought it to be strange that you can't play quicktime movies on an apple device!

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
david barnby

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 02:51 PM »

adding attachments is easy - just tap on them and the thing asked you what you want to do mms/email etc

oops that's my iphone Wink

but just checked - same on the ipaddle too

it has been here since sunday and in 5 hands, not one person has missed flash but probably that will happen on the next browse -

it has to be the best way to browse the web so far. sitting in an armchair, no mouse, no heat, no weight, easy to hold, fast, snappy and wonderful rendition of pictures

talking of pictures - it took 30 hours to convert our families 7,800 digital images in folders named 1998 to 2010 and sync them to the paddle. my wife and i cant put the thing down. this is what a photo frame should be like. is really really good.

does other stuff too apparently - will get to it

was really surprised at the lack of enthusiasm here knowing how many members choose apple for their computing and portable music - the paddle is not a computer, large itouch or even a kite. is a new category completely. at least the way it gets used around here. wonder if it will fly (in the market that is)?
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 03:54 PM »

Maybe when my eyesight goes and my desire for free will has left me I'll replace my Archos 5 'droid and consider whatever comes along in the wake of the iPad. I'm sure it's lovely but I'm equally sure it's not, by any sane definition of the term, important. The Archos isn't either.

And for a nail:coffin moment.... 2-Year-Old Loves the iPadShocked

This is you.

AND THERE'S MORE !!!

Ads built in to the operating system with 40% of "revenues" going to Apple. There's a new standard for evil.

Mike,
slow night.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:36 PM by zippy8 » Logged

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
GEB

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 05:50 PM »

adding attachments is easy - just tap on them and the thing asked you what you want to do mms/email etc

it has been here since sunday and in 5 hands, not one person has missed flash but probably that will happen on the next browse -

it has to be the best way to browse the web so far. sitting in an armchair, no mouse, no heat, no weight, easy to hold, fast, snappy and wonderful rendition of pictures

talking of pictures - it took 30 hours to convert our families 7,800 digital images in folders named 1998 to 2010 and sync them to the paddle. my wife and i cant put the thing down. this is what a photo frame should be like. is really really good.

does other stuff too apparently - will get to it

was really surprised at the lack of enthusiasm here knowing how many members choose apple for their computing and portable music - the paddle is not a computer, large itouch or even a kite. is a new category completely. at least the way it gets used around here. wonder if it will fly (in the market that is)?

Dave, The lack of enthusiasm probably comes from people who are yet to have one in their hands. Once you do the seamless interface and potential of this thing starts to dawn on you. I am not one to be impressed with the "latest gadget syndrome", but this thing is really quite impressive. People are still trying to figure out what they would use one for. Once the applications start to flow out and the inevitable kinks in firmware are overcome the simple beauty of this thing will become much more apparent.
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 06:00 PM »

I have an iPhone and love it! I was just talking about from inside email, I know you can send MMS or email from the photo section...

Again, on the iPhone, if I get an email with a quicktime video, no can play. just seems a little goofy to me... Roll Eyes

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
John Welden

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 07:06 AM »

Multitasking coming! Should make a lot of people quit bitching.  Tongue Only works on 3Gs supposedly. Coming to iPad in the fall.

iAd could be good or bad. Everyone hates crap adds that they're not interested in. If the adds are well made for things we're interested in, I'll take that over the crap banner adds we have now. If you click on an iAD, it doesn't take you out of the app and you can close the ad at any time and go right back to the app.  Great idea.

It's starting to look like  Google-Apple world domination in the future. Microsoft? Are they still around?

It sure is an amazing time to live in for computer technology.  I have a hand held computer in my pocket that is amazingly powerful?!  I can communicate with people all over the world and look up information on just about anything! Camera, video, music, GPS, email, web, zillion apps. How insane is that? Anyone who bitches about this stuff has got to be crazy.  We get all this for a couple hundred bucks!

Think where this stuff will be in only five years from now. So crazy...
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 07:10 AM »

we all know by then it will just be implanted in the skin with an apple tattoo over it Wink

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
John Welden

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 07:59 AM »

we all know by then it will just be implanted in the skin with an apple tattoo over it Wink

I'll do it.  Cool
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 10:55 AM »

Combine this little gem, soon to be foisted upon everyone with an iWhatever, with Apple's simply delightful patented advertising strategy that forces you to interact with the adverts (I can think of an emotion to go with that).

I realise that the AppleAddicts willingly forego some any control over what they do but this is bordering on self harm.

You enjoy yourselves. Lips sealed I'm sure that you will.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 02:45 PM »

Camera, video, music, GPS, email, web, zillion apps. We get all this for a couple hundred bucks!

a couple hundred bucks? i don't think so.

Fdeli
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document