GWTW Forum
May 21, 2019, 02:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mirage XL  (Read 8483 times)
ezme6
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 11:13 AM »

Never had any problems with either of mine....

"Do what you like"
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 11:14 AM »

the Mirage XL that Sam posted was in reality a standard Mirage, not the XL.  Never had any problems with it at all.

Thanks for the clarification.... thought it was just a prior year with different color scheme.

ATB,
Sam
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 01:08 PM »

PS:
I read on a few reviews that the XL has had issues with things coming apart and having to be re-adjusted after or in flight??

If you can make appreciable adjustments to your kite in flight Huh, I am awed and a little scared .  I generally assumed that required the use of (exceptionally well-)trained falcons.  Wink
[/quote]

Very funny!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What I meant to partly say was without the "in" on the adjusting part and falling apart on the "in" part. Wink

Here is part of a quote from a review I'm sure some of you have seen in the past somewhere.....

"The sail is made of several panels, the sewing is accurate and of a very good quality. However the standoff fittings needed to be fixed with some glue after losing two of them while flying. The bridle is made of a quite thick material which stretched during this summer making a resetting of the bridle necessary. I attached a pair of 35m, 130 kg Cyclone Extreme, which I think of being enough for only powerkiting".

It sounds like the kite may need some tweeking and will be somewhat cumbersome with the assembling and disassembling process. None the less I have it in my crosshairs.

Thanks for the detailed information on everything too!! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: