GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mirage XL  (Read 2514 times)
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 11:13 AM »

Never had any problems with either of mine....

"Do what you like"
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 11:14 AM »

the Mirage XL that Sam posted was in reality a standard Mirage, not the XL.  Never had any problems with it at all.

Thanks for the clarification.... thought it was just a prior year with different color scheme.

ATB,
Sam
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 01:08 PM »

PS:
I read on a few reviews that the XL has had issues with things coming apart and having to be re-adjusted after or in flight??

If you can make appreciable adjustments to your kite in flight Huh, I am awed and a little scared .  I generally assumed that required the use of (exceptionally well-)trained falcons.  Wink
[/quote]

Very funny!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What I meant to partly say was without the "in" on the adjusting part and falling apart on the "in" part. Wink

Here is part of a quote from a review I'm sure some of you have seen in the past somewhere.....

"The sail is made of several panels, the sewing is accurate and of a very good quality. However the standoff fittings needed to be fixed with some glue after losing two of them while flying. The bridle is made of a quite thick material which stretched during this summer making a resetting of the bridle necessary. I attached a pair of 35m, 130 kg Cyclone Extreme, which I think of being enough for only powerkiting".

It sounds like the kite may need some tweeking and will be somewhat cumbersome with the assembling and disassembling process. None the less I have it in my crosshairs.

Thanks for the detailed information on everything too!! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum