GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 06:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newtech Volksquad???  (Read 7269 times)
Nitrobex
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 08:36 PM »

I want to learn quads, as I have no one near me that can teach me and I can't bring my self to spend the money on a rev to consistently lawn dart it and possibly not like it, would this be a good kite to step into the darkside on?  Should I just keep holding out and hoping that one day some quad flier will miraculously appear and teach me everything in a day so I can decide if I want a Rev or not?

"No it is not out of control, I am making it do those flips and turns."
bfranz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 08:45 PM »

IMO you probably won't regret buying it to learn basics. For $115 IIRC you get the full setup. When you outgrow it and decide to move up, you can probably resell it here for a fair price. One caution - the outer spars are P200 and definitely suceptible to breakage during the learning phase. I put my old Rev 1.5 through much worse when I started out (1995) and it NEVER broke.

BTW, do you live in Nitro, WV by any chance? I was born in Charleston sometime last century.
rxburner
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 09:47 PM »

Get a Rev 1.5
Rx
Nitrobex

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 05:59 AM »

Nope I live in martinsburg wv area.  I can't bring myself to get the 1.5 when I don't know if I'll like it or be able to fly it.  If I don't get a volksquad I will continue waiting to see if I can get some one to let me try one.

"No it is not out of control, I am making it do those flips and turns."
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 09:37 AM »

If you can make it out to even one event in your area, I think you'll find the Rev fliers are consistently pleased to teach and let you try their kite... Super durable, and with someone present to help, it'll be a breeze. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 09:46 AM »

Well Nitro    I  live  about  3  hours  or  so  north and  west   of  you in  Latrobe  PA   if  ya  ever   get  to were  ya  wnat to   take a  road  trip  up  to my neck of the  wood  would  be  more  then  happy to teach how  to  fly    one of  those  funny  looking  quad  line  kite   I  am not  any were  as  good  as  John B.  but  I    don't  crash any more  either  Grin

Good air always Bobby
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 10:29 AM »

You might want to contact the folks at Richmond Air Foce kite club and see if they are having any events that you can make it to or if any of their members are in your neck of the woods.

Will Smoot is the Region 3 Director for the AKA and might be able to find other flyers or events somewhere near you.  He's a swell guy and his contact information can be found here.

If all else fails, you might consider picking up a lightly used Rev.  If it doesn't suit you, you can always resell it without taking too much of a burn on depreciation. 

ATB,
Sam
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:34 AM by indigo_wolf » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change