GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 12:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle of Paradox  (Read 1427 times)
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« on: April 07, 2010, 02:55 PM »

Roks....
   I see from a different, non Premier Kites website, they have come out with some new color variations such as Golden and Rainbow. They look great but does anyone know if these are built of the same quality as the old Premier Renzas...? ya ya I know....not at all like the very originals but....

Steve...can you get these?

"Do what you like"
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:20 PM »

These are made by Premier and yes I can get them.  Drop me an email.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:01 PM »

I know the appeal of the roks is all that area to decorate! But I have never flown one... Embarrassed From what I've read, they seem stable, as in park and enjoy. Am I mistaken?

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
UPNET
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32 PM »

Once you adjust the bridle and and tension the upper and lower spars for the wind condition at hand, let her rip.

Stable? Yes...stable as a ROK. 

Sandy footprints courtesy of moronic beach walkers who can't see a Big Black kite lying on the sand.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:39 PM by UPNET » Logged

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
xuzme720

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 06:51 PM »

Sandy footprints courtesy of moronic beach walkers who can't see a Big Black kite lying on the sand.
Thanks for the answer!

About the sandy footprints, I feel your pain! Cry I had to yell at people who were about to walk right into my lines about 15-20' in front of me. Huh What is it about a beach where people just stop paying attention to their surroundings? On second thought, I drive in heavy traffic quite often Angry and I'm starting to believe that some people are never aware of their surroundings! Wink

Asfink tersez wot....

mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 07:40 PM »

Rok's can be stable or slightly unstable, like said above you can tune them for both so you can anchor them or fight them. They'll never spin like a fighter though, just "Rok" a bit. You'll usually bow the lower cross spar more then the upper to increase stability. The Premier Rok's are pretty nicely made for the price, we have 4 or 5 ourselves.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
xuzme720

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 07:53 PM »

Cool...I might just have to try one soon.

Asfink tersez wot....

indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 08:28 PM »

Anyone know why the bridles on the Premier Roks are like the length of Highway 50?  Most other Roks seem to be much more conservative with the bridle cord.

ATB,
Sam
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43 PM »

They are long, long bridles load the spars less due to the lower angles, maybe a reason? On Edo's all those long bridles increase stability but Rok's don't have that many bridle lines, maybe they just felt it's more traditional?

After getting the bridle cut on one of ours and doing a quick field repair thus making it shorter I felt it actually flys better, haven't bothered to go back to stock.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 02:30 PM »

Mostly I strip the stock bridles off and put on my own kind.  You can tune it, so it pulls like a truck or a light pull which will fly just about overhead and not so dang long where you have to daisy chain it Wink

Man I like those new Eagles, wish I still had the old original.

Why is it when you sell a kite, you want it back soon after?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:33 PM by ezme6 » Logged

"Do what you like"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change