GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 06:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Force 10 Powerkite video  (Read 2124 times)
Michel
Trade Count: (+11)

« on: March 23, 2009, 06:16 AM »

15 years ago perhaps ?  Roll Eyes   

Force10 Powerkite Lenkdrachen Video

edit: to remove not working HQ option (mikenchico)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:04 AM by mikenchico » Logged
CTaylor
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:38 AM »

They must have been flying on 300 foot lines to fly pairs. . .lol

Brian O
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:31 AM »

Video no longer works.    Sad
DaveH
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:53 AM »

click the link right below the vid.  It works.

Hey thanks for this! So refreshing to see the simple joys of being pulled around by a kite.  Pure fun! Grin
vraun

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:35 PM »

Thanks, that was a great old video.

Miss having Steve Shapson around. He was the developer and maker of the Force 10 and the the Force foils. Some of the earliest quad power foils.

Steve was lucky if he weighed 100 pounds soaking wet yet always was into the most powerful kites. No wonder he won the sand skiing in the video.

He was also a mischievous sort, always fun.

Also note Lee Sedgewick flying the quad line with thick lines. When flying quad he usually flew by passing the lines through his hands, rather than having a handle. There were knots on the line to orient himself.

Vaino
St. Catharines/Niagara
Ontario Canada
TGunn

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:29 PM »

Thanks for posting that video link!

I've flown several 4 person team demos wih Steve Shapson using the Force-10 stunt kite. We flew on 150 ft length x 300 lb line.

I've owned 3-4 Force-10s but sold them all over the years. Now, I actually have a another one heading my way this week in the mail. Can't wait to make some noise and get back to some strong pulling, old style flying! Wink

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
Brian O

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 05:06 PM »

Troy,

I ran into Dave Dyer (I think it's spelled Dyer) over the weekend, formerly a JOJO rep and sponsored flier in MA.  He said to say "hello" and sends his regards.
TGunn

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 08:09 PM »

Troy,

I ran into Dave Dyer (I think it's spelled Dyer) over the weekend, formerly a JOJO rep and sponsored flier in MA.  He said to say "hello" and sends his regards.

Brian,
  Cool! Give Dave my regards! I haven't seen him in many years.

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography