GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 10:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeving indoor lines?  (Read 1378 times)
DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« on: April 19, 2010, 12:16 AM »

Would you sleeve your indoor lines...or rather I should ask, Do you?

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:19 AM »

Ah!  For pitsy sake, I don't sleeve my outdoor line!  Smiley

Just kidding - do what you like.  It's the flying that counts!

6 kite tom
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:47 AM »

As indoor lines are usually short, you don't have to use 10# or even 50# line, although you can. The heavier line tangles less and is easier to grab if you're flying a SLK indoor.

And no, I don't sleeve any lines, although I do own purchased sets which are sleeved. They are all at least 90#s.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 12:50 AM »

if you choose not to sleeve your lines, chilese didn't mention it but a 'rabbit ear' is a VERY good idea making it easier to free your lines when you're done flying. maybe chilese has a photo since i seem to encounter it on his lines mostly.  Tongue

Fdeli
kitelover

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 05:17 AM »

No need to sleeve indoor lines. No pull, no knot strength issues. Since you would probably be using something like 50# line, the larkshead is VERY difficult to remove from the pigtails unless you...tie an overhand knot near the end of the the loop you larkshead on the pigtail. Leave about a 1/4" loop you can grab and pull to remove your lines.
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 06:28 AM »

But, but ,but the NTK Sprint sleeving matches my Hello Kitty bandage.  Huh  Roll Eyes

Sorry.... been at work since Saturday night.... the voices are getting louder and looney tunes has taken on a whole knew meaning.   Cry

ATB,
Sam
DonCrash

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 07:38 AM »

hahaha, you guys are funny and great.

My noob brain was on a mindset of the difficulty of removing the line without a sleeve, yet a sleeving might drag the kite down.

Fidelio, Kitelover: rabbit ears and loops around the pigtail is a great idea for making it easy to remove the lineset, Thanx!  Grin

Indigo_wolf: Voices getting louder? is it Homer Simpson, or Eric Cartman??  Tongue  Wink

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 08:12 AM »

Indigo_wolf: Voices getting louder? is it Homer Simpson, or Eric Cartman??  Tongue  Wink

Pretty sure it was Bart  Shocked .... although there has been a lot of "Doh"ing the past 48 hours.  Roll Eyes

ATB,
Sam
rxburner
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 10:32 AM »

I sleeve the ends that you larkshead over your finger and leave the end that attaches to the kite unsleeved with the extra "Rabbit Ear" for easy removal.
Rx
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 11:41 AM »

i do not sleeve my indoor lines....but i do use these as handles....there are two sets in the picture...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography