GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 05:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insane ... I need help !  (Read 1068 times)
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: April 14, 2010, 08:23 AM »

I went to the Randyg's Sportkite Blog. I click the video link and got nothing. I have an P3 - old computer. Not sure what happens. Probably software issue. I'm not very good at computer.

I need someone to walk me through the Insane trick in writing.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:55 PM by cids » Logged

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44 AM »

Don't worry, I can't see the vids either, and I have a macbook pro.
I think it's the formatting on one end. Who knows.

ANYWAYS!

Basically, for starters, put the kite in a turtle, and tension one line. Keep it tensioned, and watch it spin/fall. Give a sharp input in the same hand when you're ready to end the trick, the kite'll do a lazy suzan, come out of that, and you're off.

To do it with the "axel like" trick before the turtle, just axle the kite at the top of the window, and keep tension on the line that you pulled for the axel.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:42 AM »

Randy (Radioflyer) taught me this trick last year at OBSKC.

Assuming that you want to do a counter-clockwise insane:

His approach is to fly the kite to the top of the window, then turn the kite to the left so you're starting to point the nose at the ground.  Just before you've completed the 180 degree turn, sharply axel the kite using your right hand, then keep the right line taut while giving slack with the left.  You're basically snagging the right line around the wingtip, and causing the kite to pivot around that line.

Don't forget to pull out before you hit the ground.  Wait for the rotation to bring the kite around into something resembling the turtle, then sweep both hands back to pop out of the insane and fly away.

To do a clockwise insane, just reverse the turn and the hand used to axel above.

In normal winds, you may need to walk slowly backwards after the axel to keep the line taut.  In light winds, you have to run backwards full-tilt.  Smiley
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:52 AM »

I click the video link and got nothing.

I've just reDLed the .avi and it works fine in VLC, which is the media player that everyone should be using.

Does this help ? Tricky Flickery video from... '97~'98... I forget stuff  Wink

Tricky Flickery Part 3 of 3
Skip ahead to 1:20. That's a full-sized Matrix BTW.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:48 PM »

yep some of Randy's video's wouldn't play for me either until I got VLC. You may still have to right click the vid and choose 'Save Target' since VLC doesn't always succeed in setting itself as the default media player for your browser, and with Quicktime, Real Player and Media Player spending an eternity fighting each other over default rights you still may even have to right click the saved file and choose 'Open With' > VLC

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:55 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:53 AM »

Some are .avi compressed with DivX (my preferred method) and others are .wmv files. Never really felt streaming them was the way to go. Best if you download to your hard drive to play. And as others have stated, VLC player is the way to go to view most any web video.

cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 06:42 AM »

Thanks for the info. and help.

Cheesy Grin Tongue

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum