GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Heard of SETI Kites?  (Read 1168 times)
Kitemac
Trade Count: (+17)

« on: April 14, 2010, 04:02 PM »

I saw a couple of kites on eBay by SETI Kites.  Packaged as Trick & Track by designer Jon Trennepohl and manufactured by Premier.  I know Premier does make low cost kites designed by Jon but these kites have no reserve. 

Has anyone heard of them?
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:06 PM »

I have  never heard of SETI Kites  but I have flown a T&T  by Premier   it is a very nice  kite in the old school sence   IIRC they went for  about 150 dollars   retail

Good air always Bobby
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 04:10 PM »

I remember running across their website a couple of years back, but the site no longer seems to be up.  Seti is listed on Premier's retailer page, so there must have been a relationship at one time. 

Sad to say, the reason for a lack of reserve could be a going out of business sale.  Purely a guess.

ATB,
Sam
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 04:28 PM »

The Premier T & T is a nylon sail version of the Skyburner kite of the same name. The Skyburner T&T is an excellent old skool ballet kite. The design dates back to probably '97 or '98. A team flew them to a world championship a couple years ago.

Older Premier T&Ts had pultruded frames and I didn't care for them so much. The more recent ones had P200 frames and were a lot more like the "real thing".

Don't let the name fool you. They did more tricks than kites made earlier in the '90s, but they are not modern trick kites by any stretch.

Allen, AKA kitehead
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:19 PM »

I have two, a pultruded and a wrapped model. As above they are nice kites capable of the tricks popular at the time they were designed. Still listed in Premiers catalog too. I once spent an hour or two with mine doing side slides in perfect, light beach winds.

If you enjoy old school (pre french) add one to your bag, especially if you get it for $50-$70 dollars. It'll also make a great trainer kite too if you ever let people try out your kites.

edit: Oh you've heard of the kite I see, have one for sale yourself. Probably have to re-list it after SETI's are gone  Wink
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:31 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:27 PM »

I have a pair of SB T&T's. A UL and a vented. I like them and can do all the stuff I do on my other kites, at least so far... Roll Eyes

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:31 PM »

TnT's are great kites.

Nice flat spin stuff. Good wind range.

An excellent old school flier that does quite a few tricks and stylishly too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document