Is There A Close Second To The Revolution Kites?
(1/12) > >>
Kitemac:
There are a number of brands in the different price ranges to compete for the dual kite market.  I do not see a clear cut winner here.  Each has their own set of loyal followers.

The Revolution kites seem to alone in the race.  I realize the kite design is very good but why do the Revs seem to be the kite of choice with no close competition?
thief:
personal personal personal...

i feel that Decas are better than Revs...but that is just my two cents.........

Rev has done very well of producing them....a quality product that is pretty easily accesable...easy to fly..easy to assemble....and you see a LOT of them....that all helps....

i would like to try New Tech's new quad...think it looks very cool....

have flown spirits....not bad....liked them....

the Mosquito from HQ looks cool too....

And of course do not forget the Skydancer....another long time favorite of many flyers...

zippy8:
Quote from: Kitemac on April 16, 2010, 09:53 AM

I realize the kite design is very good but why do the Revs seem to be the kite of choice with no close competition?

There's a reason for this but let's not go into that here.  ;)

In my experience, quadline flyers = Rev. flyers with no more than a few dissenting voices. There are alternatives but they seem to be shunned as not being The One True Path.

Flame

Kamikaze Butterfly

Knockout

Variety exists, it's just that it doesn't seem to be that welcome.

Mike.
thief:
and lets not forget the Airbow!
Gamelord:
I think the main reason is that there really isn't anything out there that is substantially "better" than the Revolution.  Not to say that there aren't some great quad line kites on the market - but can they do things better than what the Rev can or have more versatility?  Usually not - maybe close but that's about it.

If there was a kite to be produced that had better control, better precision, easier to set up, easier to store, more interchangeable by the end user, better quality, made in the USA, and at a cost that was the same or less than the Rev then you would have some stiff competition to the Rev.  Until then, Rev's seem to be at the top of the list for most pilots.

This opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it. :)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page