GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a bird, it's a plane ...  (Read 6450 times)
gliderdude
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 04:04 PM »

Ad Nauseum...

The one brushless, outrunner moter (28 grams) puts out 800 grams of thrust. The whole kite weighs just over a pound. That means the kite can "Go vertical" and keep on climbing. The motor puts out more thrust (800 grams) than the weight of the kite (about 500 grams). As to the Racer's glide... it glides just fine. It's not meant to "Float." When you bring it in for a landing, once you've lined up for where you want to land (sometimes I fly it to myself and catch it), bring it down to about 2-3 feet, level off and kill the throttle. I suggest you land into the wind like any good pilot.

As you might have already guessed, I'm into anything that flies! I hold a pilot's license with Glider rating, I fly RC gliders and parkflyers... and I've been Tako Kichi, or "Kite Crazy" for 25 years.

NOTE: there is NO two motor model. One motor on a gimbal, contolled by 2 servos (up/down & left/right). Add a ESC speed control and you've got 3 channels. If you're into RC, it's like rudder and elevator. So simple.

"If flying were the language of men, soaring would be it's poetry."
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 04:33 PM »

Ad Nauseum...

NOTE: there is NO two motor model. One motor on a gimbal, contolled by 2 servos (up/down & left/right). Add a ESC speed control and you've got 3 channels. If you're into RC, it's like rudder and elevator. So simple.

Easy Cruiser?? .................Two motors.......(or so Premierrc says)

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
stringfly
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 07:14 PM »

I think they dropped the cruiser before it ever came out.

Stringfly <>+++++
Kantaxel

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 07:27 PM »

Could be.......

stringfly

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 06:43 AM »

To see lots of R/C kites check out I believe the designers German site.
Lots of cool R/C kite conversions.

http://www.crazyplanes.de/specials.htm

Stringfly <>+++++
Kantaxel

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 08:13 PM »

Could be.......

Today, whilst I dreamed, the website (Pemierrc) changed up and deleted the Easy Cruiser.  Added two new kites....the Delta Box  and believe it or not a 'Bird'.  I think the original question has now been answered.
 Cool

mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 11:43 PM »

To see lots of R/C kites check out I believe the designers German site.
Lots of cool R/C kite conversions.

http://www.crazyplanes.de/specials.htm

Stringfly <>+++++

I had seen that site but never connected it when Premier introduced theirs, thanks for the reminder. The Rotor kite certainly adds another dimension to them, very graceful.

http://crazyplanes.de/rotolite1.wmv

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:47 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
stringfly

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 06:24 AM »

I have the Bald Eagle kite.  Premiers Collections series. Done by Christophe Goy.  Wonderful stable flyer.  Looks like a different power unit though so can't use mine from the cannard.  Oh well.

Stringfly <>+++++
stringfly

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 08:26 AM »

Another cool R/C kite designed for photography by the famous Joel Scholz (Sky Delight kites) is here:
 http://www.electricflights.com/hawkeyemainpage.html

I fly mine sometimes with a camera and often just with Alfred E.Newman.   Grin

Stringfly <>++++

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:01 PM by stringfly » Logged
gliderdude

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 08:06 PM »

I logged a full battery flight this morning and another this PM with the Pyramid Racer. This afternoon I stopped by Marsh Jr. High athletic field (it was empty) and had a chance to fly it in 6-8 mph winds with gusts as high as 12+ (est.). I had full control and was able to easily fly up-wind and make down-wind turns. With a stiff head wind you can slow the kite down and fly it towards yourself up-wind, kill the throttle, and reach out and snag it... yeah, yeah, I know the instruction manual says not to attempt to catch it. Hey, I'm smart enough to kill the throttle before reaching out to catch it (I'm a responsible adult, well aware of the risks). So, there!

Anyway, the more I fly the Racer, the more I dig it. I think any seasoned RC pilot (intermediate to pro) would get a real kick out of flying it.

However, I do look forward to flying the Canard RC. The single-line version is one of my favorite kites. Been flying it for 3 yrs+.

mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 09:02 PM »

.... I'm a responsible adult ....

Huh???       Lips sealed

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
gliderdude

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 10:41 AM »

OK, you got me. I'm a kid in an adult's body, and I'm foolin' nobody. But, remember, only growing old is mandatory... growing up is not.

quintum

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 11:45 AM »

So I called up 'Premier RC' with a couple of questions a few days ago and this guy gets on the phone and spends at least a half hour with more information, stories and detail than I could ever imagine.  I don't even remember what my questions were, we were just chewing the fat and I was getting his take on all aspects of his interest in kites and whatnot.  Nice guy, down to earth, dedicated, I guess this had to be John T, he never mentioned his last name...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:18 PM by quintum » Logged
flattermann

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 10:19 AM »

... why not reviving this thread a bit  Smiley

Check this:    www.crazyplanes.de/deltaxxxl6.wmv

It shows the world record flight (last weekend) of the biggest RC-Monowing flying object ever flown indoors.

And: It's not a bird and not a plane - it's a Vector Kite... Cool

Have fun!

flattermann

A larger version of the video, in better quality: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/36916/videos/17925403

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:23 AM by flattermann » Logged
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 04:14 PM »

Big Huzzahs!!!    Huh

On another note.... Someone RCed an Elliot Box.  Cry  I wonder if Santa reads minds.  Roll Eyes

ATB,
Sam
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change