GWTW Forum
August 27, 2014, 12:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stripes from Aerodrome - Parts Needed  (Read 730 times)
craigkite
Trade Count: (0)

« on: April 19, 2010, 02:53 PM »

I own a Stripes that has a worn out connector.  It is a paddle shape that is flat and is riveted to the sail and a wrapped tube slips over it.  I remember it being referred to as a paddle connector by the folks at Goodwinds, years ago.   I looked at Steve's site, and Goodwinds and Hang Em High and can no longer find the piece.  Anyone know what I am typing about and even better, anyone have a few I can procure?
craig AT rodgerson DOT com
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:42 AM »

those sewn on standoff connectors.......hmm.....have to see if i have any..i did at one point.....
how did it wear out?Huh
rob

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
craigkite
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:35 AM »

those sewn on standoff connectors.......hmm.....have to see if i have any..i did at one point.....
how did it wear out?Huh
rob

How did it wear out?  Operator Error. There is a pair attached at the stand-off and longeron(or whatever you care to call the side spines between the center spine and leading edge.)  The one on the right kept getting folded when put away. The stand off now slides through it.  The stand-off could be glued in place for a few more hours of flight before it totally breaks off, but a more permanent solution is desirable.  The paddles are used as stand-off connectors all down the trailing edge  The availability of better parts expanded after this kite was designed, but I am hoping for an "original part" solution.
craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document