GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 08:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite 2 meter ish kite  (Read 1678 times)
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« on: October 12, 2010, 09:15 PM »

I really like the 2-2.15 m or so sized kite. Small enough to easily toss around yet can still be well behaved with decent precision. Awesome on 60-80' lines. Plus they're not so small that the kite gets overly fast or squirly like a smaller kite can.

For me it's the Mohawk XS UL
Great kite with a deep Turtle and will do it all. Tricks look good on this kite with a super sweet Taz. Plus the Mohawk is being made again so others can enjoy it now too. I have a standard also but the UL is just too much fun.

Lam's Transformer TL is running a close second for me in this size right now. Excellent kite that will do it all with style. If I would of had this before my Mohawks it probably would be my favorite in this size. It has a lot going for it.

Peace

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:30 PM »

Kitehouse Pulsar  Tongue

It's new so it's got to be good.  Roll Eyes

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 11:05 PM »

In case JimB is sleeping (he never sleeps), I'll step up for him and say the Deep Space.

If new is good, the Ocius would work also.

I like kites a little larger 2.3-2.5 meters.

Maybe the Inner Space, although Tim lists it at 2.3 meters. I think he must be including the exposed spars at the wingtips.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
sbrown
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 11:53 PM »

HQ Zenith, re-framed in G-Force ULs. It was the third kite that I bought from GWTW for only $53.00

I'm tempted some times to add yo-yo stoppers, as it rolls up so well, without tail ballast. It does the new tricks and  Old Skool too: axels nice and flat, side slides like a quad in beach winds.

Sent from my 6 year old laptop using Hunt'n'Peck.
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 01:40 AM »

Deep Space, Exile, Fury .85 if its windy, Midi reframed with super-skinnies if its oldschool. Cool

stapp59
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 02:16 AM »

+1 on the Exile.  The Sano is right in there, lots of fun and easy to trick.
cojack_2107

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 09:12 AM »

How about JJF??? tricky kite with precision as well...
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:10 AM »

HQ Zenith, re-framed in G-Force ULs. It was the third kite that I bought from GWTW for only $53.00

I'm tempted some times to add yo-yo stoppers, as it rolls up so well, without tail ballast. It does the new tricks and  Old Skool too: axels nice and flat, side slides like a quad in beach winds.

+1

Mine is framed with 5PTs. It's an impressive trickster. If you find a good placement for stoppers, let me know. I think the bridle needs something for good rolled up flight, but could just be I'm lame.

As for a current smallish kite, I really like the Ocius. Old modded kites are nice, but a new kite that's just right out of the bag is nicer.  Smiley

Allen, AKA kitehead
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 11:52 AM »

Nice suggestion cojack.

JJF

I have one in my "A" bag right now.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
cojack_2107

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 11:57 AM »

Have one too chilese. Preetty sweeeet kite. Would love to have a go at JJF excaliber tho. Hopefully there's someone who is willing to let it go with an excellent condition Excaliber!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:58 PM by cojack_2107 » Logged
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49 PM »

Kitehouse Pulsar  Tongue

It's new so it's got to be good.  Roll Eyes

Mike.

Anyone have video on this yet? I'd like to give it a try someday.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 04:46 PM »

+1

Mine is framed with 5PTs. It's an impressive trickster. If you find a good placement for stoppers, let me know. I think the bridle needs something for good rolled up flight, but could just be I'm lame.

As for a current smallish kite, I really like the Ocius. Old modded kites are nice, but a new kite that's just right out of the bag is nicer.  Smiley

Allen or Steve: did either of you reframe an aziza over to wrapped rods?  i remember that someone did...cannot remember who...
but i have a spare skin that i would play with...
r

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document