GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan rules  (Read 1394 times)
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« on: May 25, 2010, 04:20 AM »

!

We need "rules" like this

"Do what you like"
theodocius
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 07:48 AM »

Tom, I don't know about rules, but certainly a healthy dose of enlightened self-interest couldn't hurt.  Just returned from a wonderful week at Gulf Shores AL, and was amazed at the number of circumferentially challenged people on the beach.   Shocked  Couldn't help thinking of Pixar's Wall-e.  Made me feel positively "thin", although I would be in big trouble if I had to conform to Japan's "rules".  Max 33" waist? Huh  Embarrassed

Regarding Gulf Shores, great weather, brisk off-shore beach wind (arm-stretching variety), no oil; and because of the oil scare, more room on the beach for kite flying.  Tongue

California Condor for presence, WD3 for speed, and a Tori Tako Hawk when I needed a rest.....is my bag up to date or what.  I would have brought the Predator, but not enough room in the car, and probably not enough room on the beach. (sigh)  Tom, you remember the Predator?

Ted
ezme6

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 03:26 PM »

Yup still remember, still got a great picture of me and her together, right next to my kids pictures....hahaha

I got a set of WD's and they go with me whenever I can't pack sticks.
What Condor do you have? I would love to get my red/white/blue one back, it might help me loose a few inches so I can go to Japan...

Take care Ted, and be sure you never go into a WalMart in the south. The stretch pants girls "rule" there  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Do what you like"
theodocius
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 03:46 PM »

What Condor do you have?

I have two black/green/yellow and one red/?/?, not RWB though.  Three make for a decent stack.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:25 PM »

OK, the 33.5' waist measurement has got to be adjusted for height... I would be considered overweight under those standards, but most that have met me would say that I'm skinny. Of course, I am at least a foot taller than the average Japanese person... it was a real trip walking around Tokyo, I felt like an NBA player !

Yes, we need a sliding scale in this country to figure out how much people should pay for medical insurance, no doubt. People who don't stay healthy should pay more. That goes for smokers, drinkers, druggies, etc. as well.

~Rob.

ezme6

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 05:33 AM »

OK, the 33.5' waist measurement has got to be adjusted for height... I would be considered overweight under those standards, but most that have met me would say that I'm skinny. Of course, I am at least a foot taller than the average Japanese person... it was a real trip walking around Tokyo, I felt like an NBA player !

Yes, we need a sliding scale in this country to figure out how much people should pay for medical insurance, no doubt. People who don't stay healthy should pay more. That goes for smokers, drinkers, druggies, etc. as well.

~Rob.

I remember living in Japan and every time it rained i would almost get poked in the eye by umbrella tips every other step...hahaha

And yep I agree with your comment s above  Wink

"Do what you like"
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 02:39 PM »

what about sumo?

Fdeli
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 02:51 PM »

How long will it be until you have to submit to genetic testing to determine your predisposition to various illnesses? 

No worries that this info would be ever applied to anything but your health care premiums.

Oh yeah, this is a good idea.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 03:05 PM »

How long will it be until you have to submit to genetic testing to determine your predisposition to various illnesses? 

No worries that this info would be ever applied to anything but your health care premiums.

Seems older folks put too much value on freedom.
Young folks are happy with a totally invasive government.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
kevin
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 03:08 PM »

Freedom is just an hallucination created by a pathological lack of paranoia.
ezme6

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 03:37 PM »

Three cheers !!!!!!!

Freedom is just an hallucination created by a pathological lack of paranoia.

"Do what you like"
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 06:01 PM »

Freestyle with a Thor's Hammer.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 06:11 PM »

Young folks are happy with a totally invasive government.

Denny

Yes seems to be become the norm now; "its not my fault, please save me big brother"

The is a finite amount of intelligence in the world and the population is growing.

Now was it the blue pill or the red pill, and what if i took both?

Sine Metu!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document