GWTW Forum
January 30, 2015, 03:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Treasure Island!  (Read 984 times)
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: January 08, 2015, 02:59 PM »

It's been a year since I've flown a kite which is due to my moving from the beaches of northwest florida to the Tampa suburbs.  The last time I flew was at Treasure Island last year.  I hope to see some flyers this next weekend.  Good winds all.
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:23 AM »

I will be flying there next weekend for sure if you want to bang some quads around, come out and introduce yourself
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:34 AM »

saw KiteMania (south) is coming up too!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
photogbill
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:36 AM »

Don't forget next weekend, MLK Holiday weekend, is the TISKC! http://www.treasureislandflorida.org/News/2014/Treasure_Island_Sport_Kite.html
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:25 PM »

Hi Bill...

I'll be there too. took some days off from my job. Leaving to Tampa the 15th. This time I'll be able to be the whole weekend flying.   Smiley
photogbill

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 06:40 PM »

Hi Bill...

I'll be there too. took some days off from my job. Leaving to Tampa the 15th. This time I'll be able to be the whole weekend flying.   Smiley

Great! I'm looking forward to it. It's a little early but the 10 day weather forecast looks good for MLK weekend. Hopefully it stays that way and we get some great winds!
Mahtman
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 05:50 AM »

I'm coming to TI this year for the first time, bringing a few kites to fly. I hope to meet a few of you there.

Skyburner Solus Std & UL, Ocius SUL, AeroLite; Gomberg Dopero, Delta Conynes, Ghost Delta, Sled, Fled, Rok, Wilson Wing!?; Prism Quantum, Zero G; Brasington Girl Hata; Rev 1.5 Std, Vented, SUL; Doug Stout BOP 24
photogbill

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 11:56 AM »

I'm coming to TI this year for the first time, bringing a few kites to fly. I hope to meet a few of you there.

Since you're coming all the way from MN, I hope the weather is exceptional since it's your first trip there for the event! It's a real nice played-back event! I've been around 7 times to date and most years the weather/winds have been good! Last year it was exceptional! Let's hope the no-rain forecast holds and we have great winds again this year!

See you there! Come over and introduce yourself. I'll be flying a few different kites but you should recognize the Organics!
photogbill

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 12:01 PM »

If anyone is planing on attending and owns a Benson SuperFly ....I shore wouldn't mind giving it a spin!  Grin I might have a few you haven't flown that you might enjoy as well!  Wink
photogbill

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 07:18 PM »

TISKC was awesome this year. If you were there, I'm sure you'd agree. If you weren't ....you missed a great time with lots of fun and some really great winds!
REVflyer

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 05:14 AM »

We had booked our room for next year's TI (Dr. MLK,jr Day) before the return flight home!   That's the kind of event it is for my family,..... oh sure, some folks don't like the AKA or all the rules and boundaries associated with a sport kite competition.  But their solution is to snub the efforts of this event coordinator and schedule a gig in a couple of weeks! 

When offered an opportunity to do demonstrations for the crowd, some individuals choose NOT to,.... then why are you standing in the middle of that darn field with your kites set-up?

Some folks even complained about the weather or the lack of wind or the hard sand, but I had a grand time and dearly wish the event to continue in the future so I can keep going and contributing.  I met new people and saw old friends again too.  Wife and I did a couple of night flights with lights, twice with deltas and another time alone with a Rev kite.

There's plenty of flying room for every style of kite, if we can just get along together.
-plm
photogbill

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 06:25 AM »

Some folks even complained about the weather or the lack of wind or the hard sand ....

Seriously? I guess I didn't here much of that complaining myself! This was my 5th time there attending of the last 7 years at TISKC and it was also the best wind/weather ...all in all that I've experienced there! The wind was a little on the light side at times but shifted and improved each day at some point in time during the day.
REVflyer

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 07:56 AM »

some folks would complain if they won the lottery and then had to go pick-up the cheque!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum