GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 03:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky Krystal 0.9 /Anyone?  (Read 4125 times)
Beaufort
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 16, 2010, 01:04 AM »

Anyone out there, who has been trying this very nice looking kite?

I like the full sized Krystal (2,6 mtrs) myself, but find it a bit flimsy doing tricks (stand offs tends to go out of their "grab" on lower spreaders etc.), and quite tough to work with in higher winds (+12mph takes a lot of work). But in normal winds she  is a very majestic, slow flyer ;-)

Maybe the smaller 0.9 (2,4 mtrs) would hit a sweet spot  Wink....
HiFly

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 01:44 AM »

Sorry no 0.9, but

... but find it a bit flimsy doing tricks (stand offs tends to go out of their "grab" on lower spreaders etc.)

I replaced them with standard APA fittings, much better for doing tricks

Mike
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 01:45 AM »

Isn't it unique to one French kite store that will not be linked to ? It seems likely to be disappearingly rare.

The yet-smaller-still (2.1m) Krystal FX is hilarious. Still a great kite to fly.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Beaufort

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 05:11 AM »

Sorry no 0.9, but

... but find it a bit flimsy doing tricks (stand offs tends to go out of their "grab" on lower spreaders etc.)

I replaced them with standard APA fittings, much better for doing tricks

Thanks, doesn't the standard APA come in diff sizes; to be more precise, can you guide me to which size to go for, thanks? ;-)
Beaufort

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 05:16 AM »

Isn't it unique to one French kite store that will not be linked to ? It seems likely to be disappearingly rare.

The yet-smaller-still (2.1m) Krystal FX is hilarious. Still a great kite to fly.

Mike.

Thanks Mike.

I am not shure if you like this kite or not???. A Jumping jack Flash is not my cup of tea (to fast/(twichy), would you think full size could hit a sweet spot, or rather go for the 2,1 mtrs? Or just leave the Krystal...

Thanks  Undecided
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 06:09 AM »

I am not shure if you like this kite or not???
The K - nice, when I'm in the right mood
The KFX - love it to bits.
The 0.9 - I've neither seen one nor think it likely I ever will.

The KFX is a bit quick so the larger kite might be more to your tastes but as the K and KFX fly quite a bit differently there's no guarantee that it'd be what you're looking for either. Yes, the 0.9 video was nice but let's face it these guys can make a sheet of plywood look good.

There's not a lot to read about it on the French boards either..... Embarrassed

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
HiFly

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 07:28 AM »

Thanks, doesn't the standard APA come in diff sizes; to be more precise, can you guide me to which size to go for, thanks? ;-)

The .250 make a tight fit on P400
http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=100

Mike
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 09:57 AM »

I am suppose to try the .9 in 2 weeks.... :PI will let you guys know Smiley

The new Frank!
Beaufort

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 11:16 AM »

I am not shure if you like this kite or not???
The K - nice, when I'm in the right mood
The KFX - love it to bits.
The 0.9 - I've neither seen one nor think it likely I ever will.

The KFX is a bit quick so the larger kite might be more to your tastes but as the K and KFX fly quite a bit differently there's no guarantee that it'd be what you're looking for either. Yes, the 0.9 video was nice but let's face it these guys can make a sheet of plywood look good.

There's not a lot to read about it on the French boards either..... Embarrassed

Mike.

Thanks a lot - and you are so right regarding the videos!  ;-) Smiley
Beaufort

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 11:17 AM »

The .250 make a tight fit on P400
http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=100

Very nice, thanks!  Wink
Beaufort

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 11:19 AM »

I am suppose to try the .9 in 2 weeks.... :PI will let you guys know Smiley

Pls. do!!!  Wink

If I can resist the temptation, I'll wait for your report  Cool
Beaufort

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 11:22 AM »

Pssst RandyG, where are you ?...  Wink
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 04:49 PM »

Initially that was true...in Cobalt only. The kite has recently been made available to other dealers in all standard R-Sky colors along with the brand new LW version. Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure to fly either one. Would love to though, particularly the LW.

My Krystal came with APA's...and the WW version, too. Pretty sure all of the newer Krystals came that way. Maybe the first year or so they had those "grabs".

Love all versions of the KFX. Sure, the Standard is a hoot but the rarely mentioned WW and LW are also two outstanding kites. Wish I had more time to fly them.

Beaufort

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 12:26 PM »

Initially that was true...in Cobalt only. The kite has recently been made available to other dealers in all standard R-Sky colors along with the brand new LW version. Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure to fly either one. Would love to though, particularly the LW.

My Krystal came with APA's...and the WW version, too. Pretty sure all of the newer Krystals came that way. Maybe the first year or so they had those "grabs".

Love all versions of the KFX. Sure, the Standard is a hoot but the rarely mentioned WW and LW are also two outstanding kites. Wish I had more time to fly them.

Thanks for chiming in  Wink
Beaufort

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 12:42 PM »

A very nice Krystal 0.9 has arrived  Cool - now I am just hoping the weather will behave in the coming weekend  Wink

The lower c-clips along the leading edge came unmounted , does anyone with more R-sky experience than me knows where exactly they should be positioned? Is it just a matter of assembling the kite and glue the c-clips in a position just below where the elbow fittings wants to rest "naturally" or? ...

Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography