GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Support for a Kiter  (Read 922 times)
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« on: May 18, 2010, 12:55 PM »

Many of you know John Farrell, an avid dual and quad line flyer, through the many kite events and competitions he has attended in the northwest over the last few years and his participation on several of the kite forums.

It is with great sadness but high hope that I have been asked to tell you of Johnís present battle with cancer. He underwent surgery twice last week and is currently recovering at home. He has weathered a battery of tests and doctor appointments in recent weeks, and faces more surgeries, treatments, tests and appointments over the coming months.

John has been the driving force behind the increasingly popular Kites in the Park festival in Fort Collins, CO, held in late April for the last three years. Truly selfless, John had boundless energy and made no mention of his recent diagnosis when I saw him at the festival two weeks ago. Heís a competitor and fighter, and I know heíll fight this current setback.

Needless to say, he and his wife Mary will not be making their summer driving trip to the northwest this year but are hoping to be able to attend WSIKF or AKA.

Please keep John in your thoughts and prayers. Mary has asked that you not email John but, instead, send an email to her (maryfarl AT msn DOTCOM) and sheíll put you on her email updates if youíd like. And Iíll be happy to answer any questions that I can by email or pm.

Personally, Iím looking forward to more flying sessions and tips from John.

Thanks.

Bob
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 06:45 PM »

I call John a friend and was very sad to hear of this condition when I last emailed him.

He was the first and only person that came to my rescue when I sent out a HAIL MARY call for ANYONE to meet with me to help my progression from a fan to a fanatic.

John asked me to help him with a local festival that he was heading for the 3rd yr and I jumped at the chance.  I was so proud to be able to support him.

He has selfishly helped me many times.  Just a good guy.

Hang in there!
Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:51 PM »

Message sent!
Thanks Bob!
johnfarl
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 09:24 AM »

Thanks everyone for the support.  Things are going well.  Still a couple of surgeries to go, one to finish the first one.  Just putting some chrome on my fenders and of course you get around docs and they find something else to work one.  So I have sinus clean up coming.  But it is looking good and the best indicator is I GOT TO FLY MY KITE last night.

We expect to make Summer Heat through AKA in the NW this year.  So see ya all on the beach.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change