GWTW Forum
December 17, 2014, 01:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: which kite do i need please ??  (Read 7118 times)
ozkite_pilot
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 10:46 PM »

ok,thanks for your help and info mate
cheers
glen
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 06:55 AM »

Try flying on 50#by50ft lines. IMHO using 90#by100ft lines the longer heavier lines cause alot of drag.

"Do what you like"
ozkite_pilot
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 01:58 PM »

hi mate
yep always fly with 50 feet lines x 50 LB
cheers
glen
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 02:05 PM »

Grin

"Do what you like"
Adams

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 09:53 PM »

^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^

I am rather surprised that nobody suggested a Jest of Eve Talon or Talon UL. It sounds like we have the same kind of dodgy conditions and the Talon does very well here.

Denny

Undecided Undecided Undecided ya right.... nobody suggested a Jest of Eve Talon or Talon UL  Undecided Undecided

Glen... did you get your UL already??? check this out mike..
Talon UL

adams
ozkite_pilot
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 01:01 PM »

hi guys
iv been looking on blue moon site r.e the exile kite you recomended i get for my sh#it unrulely bumpy winds here in land.
thereis a mira and slice model,whats the difference beyween them ??
also do i get the std,skyshark nitro,ul skyshark 3 pt ??
and r.ecolors i can load pics of colors of them as it is java  which i dont have.
any pics of colors please ??
thanks very much
cheers
glen
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 09:27 PM »

Do you have a paint program? One you can do color picking and fill with, I'd be happy to get you a screenshot as a jpg or bmp so you can play with colors.

Dif between the Mira & Slice is just the graphics, I have the Mira only because the Slice hadn't been developed yet, I would've gone with the Slice I think, I've found some pleasing color schemes on it & I had a very hard time with the Mira.

Frame choice would be dependant on the winds you'll be flying in and your style. I like my Nitro's and find they will fly into UL winds when the winds are smooth. When the winds are low and swirling the reduced weight of the 3PT's isn't really a help when the kite is blowing towards you and due to my heavy handed flying style I felt the kite lost too much for little gain in wind range. If I had consistanly smooth light winds and a lighter hand the 3PT's might suit me. The P200 frame gives up some stiffness and response with no reduction in weight but some people prefer the reduced stiffness and find the kite a bit smoother with them.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 10:10 PM »

glen this may help roy reed is a very helpful guy and there is more stuff on his sitehttp://www.reeddesign.co.uk/colourizer/exile.html the mira is on top and the ul below it i believe is the slice

have fun kurt
ozkite_pilot
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 01:01 AM »

hi guys
thanks for the helful info.
cheers
glen
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 07:13 AM »

Personally, for bumpy winds, I'd get the std frame.
Sketch

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 09:26 AM »

Go for the Exile.  I have similar conditions to yours a good part of the year and I can most always fly that one.  The Shadow will go lower, but it is not nearly as well mannered.
For a long time, it was the only kite I was flying - for both low and mid-level winds.  For sure, the Exile will fly much lower than the kites you have now (as well as the QPro and likely the E3).

There is a nice one on the swap right now.

Uhhh? Lets get real  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....The EXILE truly is an amazing kite....however don't you think possilbly theSHADOW IS LOTTA FUN AND A MUCH BETTA-BANG for the $$$BUCK?Huh

I am usually wrong....but seems like I remember that the EXILE was at one time TWICE THE PRICE of my HQ Shadow?
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 09:54 AM »

Uhhh? Lets get real  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....The EXILE truly is an amazing kite....however don't you think possilbly theSHADOW IS LOTTA FUN AND A MUCH BETTA-BANG for the $$$BUCK?Huh

I am usually wrong....but seems like I remember that the EXILE was at one time TWICE THE PRICE of my HQ Shadow?

The Shadow is much cheaper, but -

No, the Shadow is a kite that has to grow on you for many flyers - EVERYONE loves the Exile right away, many hate the Shadow right away.

Part of that reason is that the Exile its MUCH better built, flys much smoother, and can easily be controlled and tricked.  To do tricks on the Shadow, you need a lighter touch and more experience.

6 kite tom
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2009, 10:19 AM »

for zero winds, though not trickable, id get a prodancer SUL. VERY solid kite.
UL- exile UL or Mamba UL, Muse Lt.
Standard- Exile, Muse, Mamba.
Highwinds- MICRON! lol

seeing a trend here?  Cheesy

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Sketch

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 04:33 PM »

The Shadow is much cheaper, but -

No, the Shadow is a kite that has to grow on you for many flyers - EVERYONE loves the Exile right away, many hate the Shadow right away.

Part of that reason is that the Exile its MUCH better built, flys much smoother, and can easily be controlled and tricked.  To do tricks on the Shadow, you need a lighter touch and more experience.

Again...it appears that you are missing the point....
The EXILE (if you are fortunate enought to afford to spend that kind of money that a beautiful custom EXILE MOONIE' then by all means....anyone with common sense who has been flying sportkites for any length of time would natually choose the EXILE OVER THE SHADOW..
Reading between your lines.....it appears that it is YOU and not MANY others that seem to HATE THE SHADOW? Kiss
The truth must be somewhere in between or is it just that
One sportkite flyers trash...certainly appears to be another sportkite flyers trash? Wink
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 06:03 PM »

i know for a fact that tom likes his shadow as he recommended i get 1.. i did and i loved it, i only sold it after i spent a whole lotta money to replace it.. that kite and an ozone taught me alot the shadow is truly a kite where you get your moneys worth for a bit more for 0 winds + a little i fly an inner space cannot beat it IMO but it does not trick like the shadow

have fun kurt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum