GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 10:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just wanted to introduce myself  (Read 1598 times)
mtk beach flyer
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 07, 2010, 05:15 PM »

Just wanted to say hello.  My name is Richie and I live in Montauk NY.  I fly a E2 and my girlfriend has a addiction.  I am just wondering if anyone here lives in our area.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:34 PM »

Welcome to the Forum.

Are there any parks you fly at regularly?

There are several pilots in the New York area, hopefully they will chime in soon.

It seems the East Coast boys make more a day of it as a fair amount of travel usually is involved to get to a good spot.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:43 PM »

drop a "hello" note to Rob: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=38
nice guy...nice kites.....

welcome! to one of the zaniest kite forums out there......

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:47 PM »

Howdy  and  welcome     Smiley

Good air always Bobby
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 05:58 PM »

Welcome Richie,

Glad to have new fliers, Sorry to hear your girl has an addiction problem, but get her on the field often and I'm sure all will be fine.

Check out NYKE for local events

Again, welcome aboard

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 06:40 PM »

Hey Richie...
Someone to share the irony... living on an island with hundreds of miles of coastline, there are very few kite fliers here. I'm in Port Jeff and usually fly on the north shore. I hardly ever see anything but a Toys-R-Us single-line.
 Living in Montauk, I don't need to tell you where a good beach is, you're surrounded by them. If you ever wanted to meet up and fly, I fly Sunday mornings every week.
~Rob.

temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:42 PM »

welcome! WHY KITE FLY WHEN YOU CAN SURFCAST FOR STRIPERS  WOOT WOOT FOR MONTOUK LOL love that place
GWTWNewb
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 07:52 PM »

Don't mind Temoniprince - he's just the resident mongoloid.
mtk beach flyer

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 08:09 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome.
1.   AS for having parks in my area I can only think of 3 grass areas that I would /do fly at.  I have water on three sides of me so I do have plenty of beach that I can fly at any time of the day.

2.  I grew up here surfing and fishing.  I would rather surf then fly if the surf is good.  I would rather fly then surf cast for bass.

Does anyone know of any Good LI kite stores.
mtk beach flyer

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 08:15 PM »

I would love to meet up and fly one day Must86.  This time of the year it is easier for me to get out of town then to stay in town.  My job has me on call 24/7 if I am in town.  Let me know where you fly on sundays and I will see if I can get up that way one day soon.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 12:15 AM »

Good kite shops ? Uh, no. Wait, there is a place in Sag Harbor, or was, right on Main St. I actually bought my first stunt kite there. There was a store in Southampton, don't know if it's there anymore. There's actually a Prism dealer in Port Jefferson, but their kite inventory was pretty sad the last time I was in there.
Your best bet is our host,

http://www.chicokites.com/store/

If you don't see it listed, contact Steve, he probably has what you're looking for.

As far as getting together for a fly, weekends are best, I work M-F 9-5. It would be good to see another flier on the beach.

~Rob.

mtk beach flyer

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 04:33 AM »

The store is still in Sag Harbor.  It is nothing special.  We did by the addiction from there as our first kite.  I am a big fan of buying from a store in case some thing is wrong I can get my hands around the guys neck (just kidding I think) Grin.  I have been looking at http://www.chicokites.com/store/  and do plan on getting my next kite (E3 i think)  from Steve.  If this posion ivy goes away by the weekend I will think about heading down your way if you will be flying.
Thanks
Richie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document