GWTW Forum
July 25, 2014, 07:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taz Machine on the Fearless STD...  (Read 1238 times)
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: June 01, 2010, 04:01 AM »

I'm trying to learn the Taz Machine but the progress is painfully slow. I accidentally did three of them in the past but that was it. I studied the mama74 Taz tutorial very often but can't translate it into reality. Any tips will be welcome.

My kite pal was learning the Taz in his F STD for a while now. I would say one in twenty only or even worst. But when he flown his long forgotten Cosmic TC VTD yesterday, he did the left Taz 100% and also did the right side Taz 100% too(by the way, he never tried the right side Taz before!!!). The Taz trick is build into the Comsic just like the turtle based tricks build into the F kite.  This is crazy.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:53 AM by cids » Logged

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
Beaufort
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:52 PM »

I'm trying to learn the Taz Machine but the progress is painfully slow. I accidentally did three of them in the past but that was it. I studied the mama74 Taz tutorial very often but can't translate it into reality. Any tips will be welcome.

My kite pal was learning the Taz in his F STD for a while now. I would say one in twenty only or even worst. But when he flown his long forgotten Cosmic TC VTD yesterday, he did the left Taz 100% and also did the right side Taz 100% too(by the way, he never tried the right side Taz before!!!). The Taz trick is build into the Comsic just like the turtle based tricks build into the F kite.  This is crazy.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Without knowing where/how the trick is giving you trouble, it is a little hard giving advice.

But experiment with the degree of nose up position before you give input for the spin part, set the kite heavy bridle wise, and experiment with the force of the input (do it rather gentle and short) and practise in lower winds. Remember to give lots of slack after the input.

Good luck.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:02 PM »

I get it about 1/2 the time, but have not worked on it as much. 

Key elements I think are to, get the nose up, wait for it to go just past 12 o'clock, slack with the off hand, hit it (not too hard), and then slack the other hand.

Ask James, I saw some nice ones in their recent video.  Easy nose-up kites tend to do it more easily, but then I think that the cascade and half-axels can suffer.  I've never flown a Cosmic, but the MohawkXS gives away the Taz as well.

6 kite tom
cids

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 03:11 PM »

Sorry...I should have stated where the problem was in the Taz. I did every parts right, I got the kite nose up then failed to spin the kite.  It must be timing issue or input issue. Thanks for the tips on the Taz. I will try it in 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:15 PM by cids » Logged

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 05:44 PM »

The Fearless Tazes sweet!  Wink

Try:
Start a half Axel .. wait a moment .. just as the nose bobs up and goes nose away or very slightly back toward the direction of original travel hit the rotation. Don't let the nose get too high just start to bob up. When you hit the rotation input (with the hand that was the bottom hand before stating the half Axel) simultaneously start walking / running toward the kite (so you're hitting it and moving toward it at the same time) and keep giving lots of slack until it finishes the rotation. Then step / run back to take up all that slack you gave & fly off.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 05:12 AM »

Try:
Start a half Axel .. wait a moment .. just as the nose bobs up and goes nose away or very slightly back toward the direction of original travel hit the rotation. Don't let the nose get too high just start to bob up. When you hit the rotation input (with the hand that was the bottom hand before stating the half Axel) simultaneously start walking / running toward the kite (so you're hitting it and moving toward it at the same time) and keep giving lots of slack until it finishes the rotation. Then step / run back to take up all that slack you gave & fly off.

Good explanation here as this is the way i do it, but , i have seen it done on DP Mama ( ?? ) where the flier hardly moves, and does it alternately . WOW !!!!
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 08:49 AM »

Try:

Good explanation here as this is the way i do it, but , i have seen it done on DP Mama ( ?? ) where the flier hardly moves, and does it alternately . WOW !!!!

Yeah you'll probably end up with more slack than you need but when learning the Taz more slack is better than not enough which = no Taz.

The more aggressive / sharper the inputs the less you need to move and I can Taz Cascade the Fearless too but I have a very low hit rate. Maybe I'll get it down someday Smiley

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
cids

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 09:25 AM »

Thanks for the tips .... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document