GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 02:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found Rev - Nags Head, NC (near Jockey's Ridge)  (Read 5540 times)
reef runner
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: June 01, 2010, 06:18 PM »

If by chance, you just happened to leave your Revolution kite, out in front of the "Kitty Hawk Kites" store, in Nags Head, NC, right across the highway from Jockey's Ridge, please contact me. I can put you on the trail, back to your kite. I'm sure that whoever left this Rev, wants it back, but you'll have to be able to describe it, perfectly, before I'll give you the information. If you can come up with the details, PM me (reef runner), over on the Revolution forum, or on the Kitelife forum, and I will put you in contact with the person, that can get your Rev, back in your hands...............

You'll need to know the following:

1. When and where was it left ?
2. What is the model of your kite (B-series, Supersonic, Rev I, Zen, etc) ?
3. What is the Color of the kite ?
4. Describe, "How you wound up your lines" ?
5. What kind of handles did you have with the kite ?
6. What color was the bag (sleeve) ?
7. What kind of bag was it packed in (straight sleeve, sleeve with handle, sleeve with pockets, drawstring bag, etc) ?

I hate to be so rigid about this, but I want to make sure that the kite gets back to it's proper owner, and not someone just claiming that it was theirs. Heck, I could have done that..........All it will cost you is the postage, to mail your Rev home, and it's yours again.

And BTW, I don't have your REV...................

Let me know...............Reef Runner

Reef Runner

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.
J. Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:29 PM »

Good luck finding the owner. I hope they have a good memory.

If they get 6 out of 7, you might cut them a little slack.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:02 PM »

good lookin' out. hope you find the owner.

Fdeli
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:55 PM »

Okay I'll start  Cheesy

1....how about...out in front of the "Kitty Hawk Kites" store, in Nags Head, NC, right across the highway from Jockey's Ridge.  Some time in the past!
2. Revolution...er no, not a B-Series, Supersonic, Rev I or Zen... I think it was the Etc.?
3. Well, the printing was black ... on the white panel.
4. I started at the kite and went towards the handles
5. quad handles - one for each hand
6. purple... or grey ... or
7. straight, with a handle, pockets and a drawstring

Seriously, here's hoping the owner reads some of the forums.  Thanks for taking the effort to try and track them down.

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:51 AM »

How do you "forget" a Rev?? So you're hot and sweaty from flying on the dunes. You go up and get some ice cream at the ice cream store and maybe browse around KHK for a bit. The whole time your $200+ kite is all by its lonesome waiting for someone to see it and make off with it. What were you thinking??? Serves him right. Someone who loves and cares for their kites would never leave them unattended. Would you leave your child unattended? I never did! (My kites or my kids!)

Bob D.
Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 01:47 PM »

How do you "forget" a Rev??

ADD, alzheimers, or a few too many tokes perhaps? Roll Eyes Cool Embarrassed
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:11 AM »

How do you "forget" a Rev??...... Would you leave your child unattended?
Thou shalt not equate a kite with a child. They are not the same thing. At all.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Bob D

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 04:17 AM »

Nahh, they're not the same thing but I sure wouldn't leave them unattended! I've seen parents leave kids in their car seats when they went into a store. Shameful!

Bob D.
sirrom

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 10:02 PM »

This person must not use a computer or fly very often too bad  Cry

Brett
reef runner

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 11:36 AM »

Well, It's been nearly 3 weeks, and no takers yet.  Definately a lot of viewers here, at Kitelife, and on the Rev forum.  Also, the AKA has jumped in, and word has been sent out to all members, in every region. Obviously Brett is correct, the owner must never look around, online.  If only they knew, how many people are aware, and ready to help,  reunited them with their beloved Rev.  If only they would just look, or ask someone.  Nearly the entire kiting world is now aware.

Reef Runner

socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 12:25 PM »

Well, It's been nearly 3 weeks, and no takers yet.  Definately a lot of viewers here, at Kitelife, and on the Rev forum.  Also, the AKA has jumped in, and word has been sent out to all members, in every region. Obviously Brett is correct, the owner must never look around, online.  If only they knew, how many people are aware, and ready to help,  reunited them with their beloved Rev.  If only they would just look, or ask someone.  Nearly the entire kiting world is now aware.

Has anyone posted any signs around the area where the kite was found? Since this person obviously isn't online maybe going "old school" might work?

Maybe making up a flyer saying "KITE FOUND" and see what happens. Either that or fly the thing where it was found and when someone approaches you claiming it's theirs.....problem solved Grin Cheesy
sirrom

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 09:29 PM »

Has anyone posted any signs around the area where the kite was found? Since this person obviously isn't online maybe going "old school" might work?

Maybe making up a flyer saying "KITE FOUND" and see what happens. Either that or fly the thing where it was found and when someone approaches you claiming it's theirs.....problem solved Grin Cheesy

I know Nick has talked to the Kite shop.  Maybe next time he is up there he could have them do that if they haven't already.  Some times I tend to over think things  Embarrassed

Brett
Love2fly

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 11:17 PM »

... just hoping the owner has realized it's missing.

Laura
Any day flying is a good day; have a great one!
sirrom

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 12:25 PM »

Bumping is kinda like ping pong  Cheesy

Brett
reef runner

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 04:25 AM »

Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm afraid this thing is turning into a lost cause !
We've surely tried, but it's just not happening............
I'm sure that everyone on the forum is getting really tired of seeing this thread, but my intentions were good.
I'll be back down at Kitty Hawk Kites & Jockey's Ridge, in just a few days, so I'll check with them, to see if they have heard anything. If no one has claimed the "Lost Rev" by then, I'm going to call this a done deal.................
The kite will then enter into another life. It will be used as a "trainer" and a "demo" kite, at Kitty Hawk Kites, in Nags Head, NC. At least it will be put back into service, and maybe it will help to bring some more "Newbies", over to the "Dark Side"..........   

Reef Runner

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document