GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird perception  (Read 1678 times)
Jannie
Trade Count: (0)
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:57 PM »

Tonight is Wednesday night but since I stopped working a little over a week ago, this feels like friday night, I don't have to get up in the morning if I don't want to, this evening the rain had stopped, the sun came out for a little while and I almost in a panic raced to the field to fly and then stopped thinking, I have plenty of time tomorrow, there is nothing I have to rush.

This is really weird, kind of neat but I have never had this kind of feeling and it almost feels wrong, like how can I not have to be somewhere.

So I baked Toll House cookies and a friend came over for tea and cookies. Smile!

The kites are in the Proph bag by the door, waiting for more perfect weather, how good is this!
Jannie
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:17 PM »

Dang, three times this week I've tried to go fly, not enough wind, my computer says there is enough but when I get there it's absolutely Super SUL still. Cry
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:14 AM »

If you wait for perfect weather, you've lost a lot of potential airtime in less than perfect conditions.

Just a thought.  Smiley

Cookies sound nice though.  Tongue

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
rumtx
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:15 AM »

Not enough wind ??

A good excuse to get more kites .

They have ones you can fly indoors .

Get a bigger kite bag .

I just about never get skunked !

Welcome to my world !

Rum
Jannie
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 12:24 PM »

Rum I've already been in your world and after a few years had more kites than I wanted to fly, and always searching for "the one that would save the world".

I have experience now, I most enjoy flying when it's not raining.
I enjoy flying when I don't step into a soaking wet mudd hole.
I enjoy flying when the temperature is at least 50 degrees f.
I enjoy flying when the wind is 3-9mph, yes I've become a wind snob.
I allude I might like an indoor kite like the Wren that is small and doesn't require a lot of foot work for calm summer evenings, but don't want to work it like I did with my 00 (do miss my Ozone and MSE UL, the MSE and MSE UL in my estimation were two of the most pleasurable kites to fly of it's period, the Ozone stands alone for that period of time development wise, not a Vapor but very much an easy and enjoyable UL that could be flown in zero wind by an expert).

I really no longer want to carry more than three kites in a simple kit with maybe five linesets and some weights.
I might consider a vented kite if I could come up with a usable QP vented but right now want to fly more than buy, I have one brand new kite I've had a couple of weeks and haven't even been able to get it up in the air which is trying on my patience. Cry
Jannie
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 06:00 PM »

Woot, I got to fly today, a new kite and bumpy 5-10mph but must have flown an hour straight. Had to stop a few times to catch my breath, it's been a while.

Came home and set all my kites up in the living room, went over each one and all were in excellent condition, stopped on the way home to pick up a new LLE for one of them and then went through my linesets. Boy a couple are really old but the rest are in fine shape.

Looks like I'm good to go, maybe I can get out tomorrow again, flew the new kite, want to fly the oldest kite and see just how flat I can make those old fashioned Axels look.

I saw one SLK in the whole area, not like the old days. Kiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document