Have done a few things in the interest of adding adjustable features. Not all kites will benefit from these:
- Added Paul Shirey's (Aerostar) shapshifter standoffs to adjust the trailing edge profile. There needs to be two (at least) standoffs per side spaced approx 4" or wider apart.
- Added multiple standoff holes to the trailing edge to adjust the tunnel width and location.
- Added knotted leaders to the bridle uphaul to adjust the angle of attack.
- Added variable vents to increase wind range.
- Have sewn and added windscreens in various configurations.
- Reframed ULs to be lighter (2PTs), standards to be stiffer (P2X or Nitro LEs), venteds to have more mass (7PT spreaders).
- Almost always add Dorsal caps to the nocks for protection.
- Tied a 300# bridle for a Mamba three stack
- Have tied new bridles to experiment. Now know many ways to make a kite fly badly
Thanks for asking...