GWTW Forum
April 25, 2019, 05:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOw Wind  (Read 3771 times)
Hohenstauffen
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 11, 2010, 02:42 PM »

Hi,
I'm fairly new to flying;have a Widow Maker std. Winds where I live near Gettysburg, PA are very light, especially in the evening when I can usually fly. I've read discussions about UL kites. I met Will Sturdy and know that he makes a UL, but no one has mentioned it. I'd love to buy a kite from Will, but don't know if it will be best for me. Sounds like the Prism 4D is a decent start for a UL, but many other kites have been mentioned with great enthusiasm. Anyone care to comment on Wills UL?
Thanks
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:59 PM »

If  you   like  your  Widow Maker  I  would  sugest  the  Widow Maker  U.L.   it  is  a  very  nice  kite  in  lighter  winds

Good air always Bobby
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:28 PM »

I'd agree, if you like the Widow Maker then the UL would be a nice compliment.

But have you seen the reviews on Will's Sabre here? http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=2729.0

He estimates the Standard can fly easily in 5 mph and down to 3 mph with work, if that's with the 30 grams of bolts or so he recommends to use I would think the UL would go pretty low.

The reviews are good and the price is excellent, I don't think you'd be making a bad choice to go with a Sabre, and since Will just invested in a new sewing machine the already good quality may be even better. Go for it.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:34 AM »

The reviews are good and the price is excellent, I don't think you'd be making a bad choice to go with a Sabre, and since Will just invested in a new sewing machine the already good quality may be even better. Go for it.
  +1   with    what  Mike  said   I  have  flown  with   Will  very  good  kite   designer
019.MOD
   but  then  here  is  vid  of  me   flying  a   Widow Maker   UL    in your  light   winds  of  Gettysburg

Good air always Bobby
Hohenstauffen

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:01 AM »

Hi,
Enjoyed your video. Actually, from the looks of the winds that day, it is much more than we usually get where I try to fly. I'm thinking I'll contact will and have him make me a UL.
Thanks for your response.
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: