GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 03:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Exciting News - new kite from Lam  (Read 8555 times)
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 07:45 AM »

Give me a break. Angry Beginner? HA! I'm a beginner!

Don't be so hard on yourself Tempest. You are to Tristan, as I am to you. It still can't get over what you have learned on your own, which is a lot. Best part is that you willingly pass it on to others. That also includes test flights on your SD and Fearless. Grin
[/quote

You are so kind for the compliment   Roll Eyes If you watch novices competition you will see what i am talking about  Undecided Compared to that kind of standard , i still consider myself to be a beginner  Cry   Cry   Cry
       I have just a few days left before i go abroad, and i am planning to have a fly with the other guys on Sunday,  Undecided  plans not final as to time and place, but will let you know soon, will be happy to see you before i go.  Smiley          ( did you receive the bridle line? )
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 01:00 PM »

Give me a break.  Beginner? HA! I'm a beginner!

I think you are the freshly crowned regional champion in Burlington - you are No. 1 since you are the only one that can trick a stunt kite.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Same with SMG...he is the regional champion in Waterloo since he is the only one that can do a few tricks also.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 03:02 PM »

Oh yeah, my favorite part about this video is the WIND...which you can see clearly is stiff, if not hard.  That's a plus given what's going on in the flying.

obi
  +1 and he can certainly fly!!

have fun kurt
SMG
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 04:06 PM »

Give me a break.  Beginner? HA! I'm a beginner!

Same with SMG...he is the regional champion in Waterloo since he is the only one that can do a few tricks also.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LOL, not sure if that counts as Ziggy lives in Cambridge and is way more advanced than I. Thanks for the thought though.

Cheers,
Sean
turbo23
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 06:00 PM »

OK, a new kite from Lam.  This is cool news.

But seeing Tristan fly it tells you nothing.  Maybe less than nothing.  I challenge Lam to hand that kid a kite he can't do that with. 

And...I didn't see a single taz machine, even though Tristan can do them INDOORS on the V.I.P.  I know the taz machine is not the only trick in the book, but for me, how this trick looks tells me more about a kite than any other trick. 

Oh yeah, my favorite part about this video is the WIND...which you can see clearly is stiff, if not hard.  That's a plus given what's going on in the flying.

obi

I absolutely agree about the taz telling about the kites habits. Also flic flacs although old school tell alot as well
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 11:38 PM »

OK, a new kite from Lam.  This is cool news.
Agreed.

I know the taz machine is not the only trick in the book, but for me, how this trick looks tells me more about a kite than any other trick.

If there is one trend in recent high-end, limited appeal kites it might be argued that not overly worrying about making them completely equal at all tricks and letting them have a weakness (or two) in return for stellar abilities with others is it.

For instance, the Cosmic TC series happily copes with some really serious weaknesses in its flying repertoire. I am given to understand that a few other recent Forum Favourites™ aren't paragons of all-round ability.

Interesting enough video for starters.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
DWayne

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 04:28 AM »

For instance, the Cosmic TC series happily copes with some really serious weaknesses in its flying repertoire.

Care to expound?

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
zippy8

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 05:29 AM »

Care to expound?
It neither Flics nor Flacs very well. Or indeed well. Or, for some people, at all.  Embarrassed Personally I find it to be something I tend to fly around. I like the kite but would like it a whole lot more if this aspect was absent.

Overall I don't think it's an especially easy kite to fly well. Hit the spot, it's epic, but I make it look dreadful when I'm not in the mood.

Mike.

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 05:55 AM »

Care to expound?
It neither Flics nor Flacs very well.

+1. Thats a reason why I sold mine.  I didn't do either for me, regardless of how much I tried varying inputs.   Huh

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
DWayne

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 06:02 AM »

Care to expound?
It neither Flics nor Flacs very well. Or indeed well. Or, for some people, at all.  Embarrassed
Therein lies the crux of the biscuit. The kite itself flic flacs just fine. The problem is at the other end of the lines.  Wink

Overall I don't think it's an especially easy kite to fly well. Hit the spot, it's epic, but I make it look dreadful when I'm not in the mood.

Mike.

I can't argue with that.

Denny

zippy8

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 08:00 AM »

Therein lies the crux of the biscuit.
Now that's a phrase you don't read every day.  Wink

The kite itself flic flacs just fine. The problem is at the other end of the lines.  Wink
I don't think many people, even the designers and makers, wouldn't accept that the Cosmic TC has issues with the Flic-Flac. It's not that they are impossible, just that they aren't nearly as straightforward as several other kites. I wasn't aware that this was regarded as a controversial opinion.

But it Tazes quite well  Grin

Mike.

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 08:15 AM »

+1 on the Taz comment. Multilazys are wonderful too, especially on the ghost.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
DWayne

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 08:57 AM »

I think we're back to
Overall I don't think it's an especially easy kite to fly well. Hit the spot, it's epic.....
Back on topic, what's this new kite do that a dozen other kites can't do just as well?

Denny

tpatter
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 10:20 AM »

Amen - back on topic. This new kite seems to flick flack quite well based on the video, even in non-ideal winds. They were agressive snappy ones as well.

I would venture to say that this kite is a small(er) lam trickster. All of his kites that I've flown so far have curled my toes - I expect this one to do the same. I can't wait to try it!

6 kite tom
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 10:27 AM »

Back on topic, what's this new kite do that a dozen other kites can't do just as well?

I think this kite is designed to hit a lower price point. $289 for Nylon & $325 for Icky.

It's also a little smaller than the SD / Fearless. How much smaller, I'm not sure.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document