GWTW Forum
December 25, 2014, 11:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF15 - results drip feed  (Read 1916 times)
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« on: June 20, 2010, 11:10 PM »

All of the scores are in. We have a winner and the competitors have managed to choose one from amongst them to receive one of the Prism 4Ds.

• Davide Equizzi           263  100   1
  • Will Sturdy               254   97   2
  • David Rüger              249   95   3
  • Dave Hearn              246   94   4
  • Bryan Beasley           231   88   5   <- surely some mistake !
  • Mike Fogg                228   87   6
  • Alexander Belov         223   85   7
  • Shannon Winterdaze   219   83   8
  • Thomas Patterson      198   75   9
  • Jared Haworth           186   71   10
  • Gerardo Fisanotti       185   70   11
  • Ben Leigh                 170   65   12
  • Fidelio                      168   64   13
  • Finklius Munkum         165   63   14
  • Ianto Spooner           164   62   15
  • John Chilese              145   55   16
  • Henry Hodgman           56   21   17

Last round's winner Davide Equizzi, newcomer David Rüger and Will Sturdy, who has already come 2nd and 3rd before, are the three missing names.

The first 4D to be given away goes to.... Henry Hodgman.... to complement the 3D he entered with. His name was put forward by his fellow competitors.

This means that the first draw for entrants who used a Prism kite will be just envolving Gerardo Fisanotti and John Chilese, which looks like good odds to me.

The newcomers draw will be between David Rüger, Finklius Munkum (possibly not his real name), Alexander Belov, Fidelio and possibly Gerardo Fisanotti if he doesn't snag the kite earlier.

For returnees take every other name and substitute John Chilese in the "maybe" column.

When all that's out of the way anyone not holding a new 4D will have one last chance.

Congratulations to all, sorry to have to drag this out   Wink

Mike,
I see you quiver with antici......
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:49 PM by zippy8 » Logged

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Grateful
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:50 AM »

WOW!!!  Shocked Thanks everyone! The 4D is greatly appreciated. Everyone else has worked harder and longer to get it; I'll remember that when I get impatient and frustrated. Now I really have my work cut out for me after seeing where you guys set the bar; I suspect it will take years but I really appreciate the vote of encouragement.

Thanks Mike for hosting the event, my first ever (really, you couldn't tell?  Grin ).

Thanks GWTW and Prism  Smiley

Grateful H.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:54 AM »

Anyone want to place some side bets?

I particularly enjoyed some of the new entrants this time and am wondering where that custom Zephyr came from.  Not sure I've seen the purple one close up before - but Gerardo's looked different to me.

6 kite tom
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:36 PM »

I particularly enjoyed some of the new entrants this time and am wondering where that custom Zephyr came from.  Not sure I've seen the purple one close up before - but Gerardo's looked different to me.

I don't think there was anything custom about it.  I've got a purple one hanging over my head in the office right now (I've forgotten how to fly it) and his matched mine.  The only difference was that the center purple panels didn't light up because he was standing right behind it in the initial closeup shot.
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:40 PM »

Ell Eggplant ??

dun know..........................

Nice VF though

Got to be the best in the latest................... right?

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
zippy8

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:52 PM »

Sure  Wink

Another nice gesture from those taking part by giving Henry one of the 4Ds I thought. It's this sort of thing that encourages people to man up and take part.

Some excellent début performances too with David Rüger at least on the podium and Alexander Belov well placed.

Mike.

ghfisanotti

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:03 PM »

Nothing custom about my Zephyr, it is a standard Eggplant color scheme, 2007 edition.

Regards,

Gerardo.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 03:03 PM »

Thanks for the info - I guess I was fooled by the lighting and also not having ever actually seen a purple one (mine was green).

-Tom

6 kite tom
zippy8

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 09:31 AM »

The entrants got a link this morning and here it is for the rest of you.

Download or YouTube.

I'll let it sink in for a while then update forum posts and the VF website. Now.... VF16 anyone ?   Wink

Mike.

ghfisanotti

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 10:17 AM »

I'll let it sink in for a while then update forum posts and the VF website. Now.... VF16 anyone ?   Wink

Mike.

Having won one of the 4Ds, I have surely exhausted my supply of good luck for some time ;-) but you may count with me for VF16, I've enjoyed this edition a lot!

Gerardo.
zippy8

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 11:56 PM »

First post amended with all scores.

The Prism 4Ds went to:-
Henry Hodgman - chosen by the entrants
Gerardo Fisanotti - drawn from entrants using a Prism kite
Alexander Belov - drawn from first timers
Thomas Patterson - drawn from returning entrants
Mike Fogg - drawn from everyone remaining

Many thanks to GWTW Kites and Prism for the support and to the entrants for taking part. VF16 will be along shortly.

Mike.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum