GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 11:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's Got Talent - indoor quadline  (Read 4839 times)
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 08:40 PM »

I happened to be watching this on a repeat during my granddaughters birthday party. Since everyone knows I fly they were asking me questions and finally seemed to see there is more to what I do than they thought...Talk about changing peoples views! Way to go, Conner!

I especially loved Howie's comment on how mesmerizing the performance was...I was so happy to see the judges and audience really got it...simply awesome!

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 04:33 AM »

Is Conner even on this site or are we all applauding the tree falling in the woods with no one around???

(if you get my drift)

And, yes, I dropped a few tears when I saw the video.

People at work even asked me about it and asked if that was what I "do".

Yippie for the sport!

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
glider
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 07:53 AM »

I don't think Connor is on here.  Rest assured he is getting the message that what he and his mom did is getting noticed.  Amy is fairly well connected with the kiting community. 

I happened onto a local radio station blog and there was a link to Connor's video.  Made me wonder how many other non-kiting sites have a link to his performance.  It'll be interesting to see the reaction at the Lincoln City Festival this weekend when Connor takes the field.

A 3-page (so far) thread on GWTW... not bad.

Dave
Portland

art
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 02:42 PM »

Kite flying can be much more then just kite flying, congrats and good luck Conner.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 05:54 PM »

The number of views on the two most popular versions on youtube have really jumped. Over 200k views.

Allen, AKA kitehead
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2010, 09:28 PM »

dont know how i missed this but WOW what everyone else has said and MORE thank you conner

have fun kurt
DGomberg

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 06:47 AM »

AGT aired the Portland show for a THIRD time last night.

And as of this morning, the six copies of his performance on YouTube had more than 1,003,000 hits.

Conner was over the house Friday night. Still the same delightfully innocent and sincere kid. But a bit more excited than usual. He still refuses to watch the clips and leaves the room when anyone plays them.... Wink

Anyone out there know a good talent/booking agent. Seriously. If so, email me.

David
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:14 PM by DGomberg » Logged
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 11:56 AM »

Sweet, congratulations Connor, very moving video.

I can't find any info on when the finale will be in Vegas, last year I see it was in October, same schedule this year?

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
DGomberg

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 11:03 AM »

I had dinner with Amy and Connor last night. Over 1 million YouTube hits and counting. Las Vegas looming. Understand that they are both pretty overwhelmed and that there are LOTS of things happening.

Amy says she appreciates all the support and apologizes for not responding or posting yet.

There is a special email address set up for Connor. Write him at connor@kitelife.com

Thanks!

dg

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:13 AM by DGomberg » Logged
mousie

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 06:45 PM »

Hi All,
First off I would like to say thank you to David Gomberg for covering for me here.  I have been flooded with emails, inquiries, inspirational heartfelt letters from people all over the world..  I have found myself speechless many times over the last 5 days.. hard to believe but true. Smiley

I have just gotten home this morning from Lincoln City and had exactly 15 minutes to get my tail to work. Tonight has been the first time I have had a chance to read all the responses here and I want to say Thanks!

When Connor stated a year ago that he wanted to audition, I have to admit  I did the * oh yeah sure * response that I will forever be humbled by now.   I work with kids, and many times I have learned from them, little did I know that my son was going to be the one to teach me the biggest lesson.. * If you can dream it, you can do it*. 

The kite is indeed a Revolution Indoor, but all logos have to be covered for the show, so I hand painted the black ripstop to match Connor's shirt as best I could.  It's a bit  hard to see that in the utube video, but you can if you look at the close up shots of Connor in the beginning.

Anyway, please know that Connor and I are indeed reading as much as we can when we have time and your comments are falling in well visited woods with clearings where there are lots of critters flying indoor kites in the quiet of the forest..   I think I need some sleep lol  hugs all
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change