GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 06:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Renegade Kite  (Read 2052 times)
reddobie
Trade Count: (+33)

« on: November 21, 2009, 04:50 PM »

So I was going through my kite bag, to take photos of my old school kites and found a Renegade Kite.  Can anyone tell me about it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reddobie2/4123430054/#in/set-72157622725826249/

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:21 PM »

sorry i can't help with your query but, you have a heck of a collection.  Tongue <- me drooling over those nsr's.

hope you come fly with us sometime.

Fdeli
reddobie

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:34 PM »

My mistake, I have only 1 NSR.  I had both a large and small file for each kite, I fixed it.

hope you come fly with us sometime.

Are you all going to be out at the Silver Bowl this Friday?

kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 11:22 PM »

The Renegade was designed (and made) by Pam Markie

link removed.

John Chilese has a picture of some customs

Orginal compamy address:

Renegade Stunt Kites
3769A Peralta Blvd., Suite K
Fremont, CA 94536
(510) 791-5666
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:41 PM by JimB » Logged

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:41 PM »

reddobie, being the day after thanksgiving all bets on who shows up are off. chilese has already said he won't be there, i don't know about the others.

Fdeli
TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 02:51 AM »

So I was going through my kite bag, to take photos of my old school kites and found a Renegade Kite.  Can anyone tell me about it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reddobie2/4123430054/#in/set-72157622725826249/

I used to have 6 Renegades, but now have only 3. I do have one the exact same color of the one in your picture. The standard Renegade (like yours) is framed in Fiberglass spars, size G-50. The kite is fairly heavy, and is an old school style with no standoffs. Uses Clear vinyl tubing for all leading edge Spreader connectors. Wind range is 5-40 mph. The kite makes a very loud sound in flight. be Careful not to fly it in too strong of winds, or you'll shread the sail at the trailing edge (bottom). There's a review of the Renegade, in one of the old issues of Stunt Kite Quarterly Magazine (SKQ), which is available for download at http://kitelife.com

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
reddobie

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 12:08 AM »

Mike, again thank you for the link.

Troy, thank you also for the information.

Mark

Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 02:56 PM »

Hello Troy,
  Want 3 more Renegades???  PM me if so.

Thanks
Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
jazzsax
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 09:28 PM »

I bought a couple of Pam's kites from her store/studio in Fremont when the business was closing.
I think I still have a couple of Renegades along with a couple of another of her kites, I think they were called pro comps (?) but not sure.
Between my neighbor and I, we must have aver a half dozen.
Beachbum
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 09:05 AM »

I used to have 6 Renegades, but now have only 3. I do have one the exact same color of the one in your picture. The standard Renegade (like yours) is framed in Fiberglass spars, size G-50. The kite is fairly heavy, and is an old school style with no standoffs. Uses Clear vinyl tubing for all leading edge Spreader connectors. Wind range is 5-40 mph. The kite makes a very loud sound in flight. be Careful not to fly it in too strong of winds, or you'll shread the sail at the trailing edge (bottom). There's a review of the Renegade, in one of the old issues of Stunt Kite Quarterly Magazine (SKQ), which is available for download at http://kitelife.com

Dont' forget swivels!

The Renegade also was a great kite to stack, thus why you here other owners having multiples of three.  I flew a Renegade stacked with a Chicago Fire Dart and it was a blast.
TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 02:13 PM »

The Renegade also was a great kite to stack, thus why you here other owners having multiples of three.  I flew a Renegade stacked with a Chicago Fire Dart and it was a blast.

Exactly, why I have so many Renegades. I use to fly them stacked. I started stacking them in 1989. The kite came stock with G50 fiberglass spars, and in strong wind, I would insert A20 fiberglass spars inside the the G50 spine and bottom spreaders of the front kite in the stack to help support the added stress placed on it because of the pull from the trailing kites in the stack.

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
flyjay77

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29 PM »

I had a renegade that Pam made for me , I had a mid air while flying team and had it repaired but it never flew the same , the Kite if I remember was the same size as a 3/4 Spin off if anyone remembers those .

Jason Pearson
Shorline Park Mt. View Ca.
1987-1990 pilot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change