GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 12:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Independence Day  (Read 1203 times)
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 04, 2010, 10:56 AM »

Hoping it's not too political to wish everybody a moment to reflect today on what Independence Day means to you.

John Wayne "America - Why I Love Her"

Happy 4th  Smiley

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
rickks
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 02:51 PM »

Firecrackers ?  Smiley
Very nice,thanks for the reminder that we can take a few minutes to reflect on our country and the freedom we have.
Thanks,
Richard

indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 06:48 PM »

Firecrackers ?  Smiley

Within reason.  I would however like to take a firehose to the idiots that use the 4th to vent pyro tendencies, sending up solid walls of pyrotechnics reaching several stories in a residential neighborhood. 

Take it someplace with a safe burn zone for pity's sake.   Angry  Angry  Angry

Spent the wee hours of the morning last night listening to the fire engines making the rounds with frightening frequency.

Sorry to be the Eeyore.

Staying more in the spirit of the day, Happy 4th, everyone.

Largest July 4th Fireworks Display in America

ATB,
Sam
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 02:08 AM »

We flew. Ted put up his patriotic display, a foil with tails, along with transition tails and socks as line laundry and a few banner poles carrying some extra socks etc all in RWB. Bob had out his Pilot foil in fuchsia, white & Caribbean, closest he had to RWB. Rhonda & I launched the 19 foot Premier Stars and Stripes Delta with Robertshaw Socks on loan from Steve after his his RWB Delta was found to need a little repair. Rhonda flew Humpty Dumpty since he is RWB along with the rest of matching tails. Steve filled the field with the kids favorite, the Beach Ball garden.

Temp 95, winds 20 -25 mph, but everything flew well. Pics by Ted who failed to get a good shot of his own display, think he was more interested in possibly catching me a few feet in the air if a good gust hit  Wink  The delta behaved, but his North Shore Radical sure drug me around a bit in those winds

[to save space attachment deleted by admin]

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:17 AM »

I flew a little R-W-B to celebrate the day too...

[to save space attachment deleted by admin]
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:11 PM »

The Richmond Air Force had a "First Sunday Fly' which also turned out to be July 4. Really hot with a lot of light, shifting winds but some club members showed up and four visitors, (one of whom was my first grandson). I put up a R-W & B AirForm (about 12 times) but once (to the stupefying awe of everyone) the AirForm self launched- miracles happen. Hot, NAHHH not hot- Boiling- and not a cloud in the sky all day. Hacked up a watermelon, got real sticky, sat in the shade for long periods of time. Saw a little quadline, and some good tricks, dragged out some goofy "Little Mistakes", stirred up the air with a SUL Styx on 217 foot lines  Went home showered, collapsed, slept all night- and a good part of this morning. Altogether, it was a great day - as it almost always is at the home of the Richmond Air Force. Check us out when you're in the area. First Sunday of the month, Dorey Park, Henrico County - year round. If there are club members there, you will have a great day,if no one shows up, you will have a great field all to your self.

Stoney

Stoney       
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum