GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 04:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sportkitedesign "Seven" Review by Adrian Bickerstaffe  (Read 6830 times)
fworley
Trade Count: (0)
« on: March 28, 2009, 06:15 PM »

The "Seven"

See the Clique

Great job Adrian - thanks for the review.

-Frazer
Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:46 PM »

Looks interesting. Any other pictures of it?
fworley
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:53 PM »

More here ?

http://www.pixbox.se/alb_show_id1002764_page0.html

-Frazer
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:15 PM »

Awesome looking kite!!

WinterDaze AoF
Dave a

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 07:31 PM »

Nice review Adrian, and its a smart looking bit of kit.
Any idea on price, and where they are / will be available from ?
Adicakes
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 08:39 PM »

Hang tight, I've asked Jorgen to comment.  Smiley
axel

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:28 AM »

hello everyone i come back about the price i was thinking to give the first  buyer a good price;)

thanks fworley for the picture link, and there should be a movie soon to:)

you can buy it from me just send a mail(sportkitedesign.sweden@hotmail.com), im going to fix a website fast i can
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:58 AM by axel » Logged
axel

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 12:07 PM »

the price is 250 euro that inclued the weight set (4weights) ofcourse are you not happy with the kite you get the money back (exept the shipping)

the kites is available from now just mail me

WinterDaze

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 08:18 AM »

Hey all,

Just got a chance to see, and after prying the straps from a pair of reluctant hands, even fly, the 'Seven'....  Cool

Firstly, you really have to see this kite up close to appreciate the finish and workmanship, it looks like a stained glass window, but one that William Gibson might have conceived; sharp and edgy with a taste of "I think I might need stitches".

The few who have seen any of my flying will attest to the fact I have a long ways to go, but out of the box and I mean 10-20 seconds, it was giving me JL's and roll up combos. Grin
the Seven forgave my 'less than perfect' inputs with a grace that thankfully uninitiated spectators wouldn't have seen.
So maybe I might not have given it enough 'flick' to get the fade, but the 'Seven' gave me plenty of time to correct, (with no obvious sharp snap to 'lawn dart') to push the lines out a little further and to let the nose rise back up to safety.

Not so many of my kites are so nice to me Wink

The generous use of mylar could be seen as a form of ballast distribution because the 'Seven' has an overall chunky feel, even though I have been reliably told it weighs only 300 odd grams.

And after having a look at the spines weight system I can say that even it looks cool, think 'anodized aluminium turbo 'blow off' valve' and you're on the right track.

Anyway, just thought I'd pipe up and give a noobs first impression, just in case there are a few 'less than very experienced' pilots that were thinking about it. In my books its not just a '7' its a 9.5 Wink (the lack of leaders meant it lost the whole .5, and that was only cos the sail deserves all the protection it can get) 

The only time it got iffy to trick was as darkness fell, I found it harder to fly when I couldn't see the lines or kite. Wink It's been a while since I've wanted to fly that far into the 'evening'.

But like many stained glass pieces of art, it was well worth seeing the 'Seven' flying as the sun dipped well below the horizon.

FWIW

WD

WinterDaze AoF
axel

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 04:14 PM »

thanks alot for that review, really nice to hear you like it Smiley and by the way leaders sits on all new Sevens Wink
WinterDaze

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 06:37 PM »

Then the .5 shall thus be awarded retrospectively Wink.

Great job on the kite Jorgen, very slick indeed, have I mentioned it looks terrific?  Grin

WD

WinterDaze AoF
Geoffrey Platt
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 08:34 PM »

It looks beautiful!. Going to have to keep saving up my pennies. Out of Kite budget right now, but looks like a great addition to any kite collection. Is there also a UL Version on the way?

Geoffrey Platt
Orlando, FL
Adicakes
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 09:32 PM »

Is there also a UL Version on the way?

Yes, its in the pipeline.
DaveH
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 12:39 PM »

That is a truly beautiful kite.  So elegant.  I'm betting it finds a solid following.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 10:14 PM »

I have one on order, part exchanged with an Opera Adagio, with the only difference being black in place of the orange/red panels. I shall report back in due time  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum