GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An afternoon of diverse Flying  (Read 1013 times)
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: July 17, 2010, 08:39 PM »

Hi,

Managed to get a weekday off from work and since the local park is almost empty, decided to shoot 3 separate dual line videos of completely different nature and flying styles. All videos are HD enabled.

Cosmic TC - Your run of the mill usual kite trick video

CTC with CTC - Kitehouse Cosmic TC

Tricktail STD - Change of pace, some completely old school style kite-chi

No School Like Old School - Tricktail Standard

L'Atelier Lynx Feather - Ultra short line urbanized slop

Rough and Tumble - L'Atelier Lynx Feather

Enjoy (Hopefully)  Smiley

Thanks
-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:13 PM »

they're all really enjoyable to watch! the mood is just great, the location inviting, and the flying inspiring. you've employed a nice variety of good music which works to enhance the viewing experience. very well done. i hope we'll see more of these.

thanks for making and sharing this with us.

Fdeli
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:08 AM »

good one Darryl!!!!

btw: kiting below horizons...have you ever seen the video of Andy Preston flying on a bridge on the thames (iirc)?   the kite is below and above him....very cool........

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 06:16 AM »

First... some really nice flying, there. I especially liked the TT video, I've got to fly one of those someday ! Keep those videos coming...

And Thief, any chance of a link to that AP video ? I can't think that I've ever seen it.

~Rob.

lasapcheong

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:41 AM »

Thanks guys. It feels nice being able to film and do what I enjoy Smiley. Some of the videos (especially the Lynx Feather one) was heavily edited to mask all my crashes hahaha. I tried to make it a point to have a particular segment with some interesting flying as long and uncut as possible as I thought it'll lend more credibility to the flying, as opposed to doing a move <snip>, do another move <snip>.

As for the Andy Preston video, I believe you are referring to the Stranger Kite? These 2? Kiting Below Horizons is just pseudo name I came up with. Apart from the Andy Preston video, the Nirvana flagship video towards the end where their fliers flew below the bridge was also the inspiration for that.

Flexifoil Stranger Video Part 1

Flexifoil Stranger Video Part 2

Hope to do more videos that is unique enough in the future as time and wind permits Smiley

-Darryl
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:43 AM by lasapcheong » Logged

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 06:57 AM »

Thems the one!!!! i used to fly indoors in a big lobby that had a big staircase going down....could start flying above me then fly down into the stairwell...and then back out again...people were amazed that a kite would come up......

keep flying!!!
next lets see a vid of the stranger Level7! Wink

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
art

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:55 AM »

Well done videos and smooth flying, I enjoyed watching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change