GWTW Forum
August 28, 2014, 04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF15 prize kite  (Read 3794 times)
Grateful
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 18, 2010, 07:28 PM »

Here is a photo of the Prism 4D I was awarded in Virtual Freestyle 15.  GWTW and Prism sponsored the event with 5 new 4D kites for prizes.  Thanks Steve, Prism, and all who participated in VF15!

[to save space attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:45 AM by chilese » Logged
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46 PM »

are you enjoying the kite?

Fdeli
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:11 AM »

Nice shot!
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:16 AM »

nice shot! nice kite!
btw if you remove that extra space in the first img tag after the bracket your picture will work like you had hoped

where were you flying? looks fun!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Grateful

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 07:29 PM »

Here is another shot of the Prism 4D with its little brother, the 3D.  The 4D has a stiffer LE due to it having two shorter ferruled rods (shorter than on the 3D).  This seems to make the 4D more responsive and less prone to LE deformation.  Both use 0.98 micro-carbon rods for LE and spreaders.  For some reason I have yet to figure out, the 3D is significantly easier to get into a fade from a pop-up recovery.

I'm thoroughly enjoying both kites.

By the way, I still can't get the tags to display the photo from Flickr in spite of your best advice.  I guess I'm a slow learner at some things Embarrassed 

[in order to save space on the server attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:43 PM by Grateful » Logged
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 08:30 PM »

Only four more to track down  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 08:44 PM »

For some reason I have yet to figure out, the 3D is significantly easier to get into a fade from a pop-up recovery.
while i don't have much experience with the 4d i do have another kite which exhibits this behavior, difficult to get from a flare on the ground up into a fade.

the way i've found around it is to use a smooth pull towards you until the kite is almost vertical then with the same smooth motion move your arms forward until you reach the fade. no 'pop' involved just a smooth pull, then push. imagine a U-shape layed down and viewed from the side. this is the sort of shape you want the kite to make in the air rather than something like a V.

some kites when 'popped' just hop a little bit and come towards you some; these are the kites on which to try the smooth pull.

may or may not work, just an idea and something to try.

Fdeli
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:29 PM »

Mike.

Mine arrived last week - I've even had it out a few times!  I am enjoying the kite - I like it MUCH more than the 3D which I never really got on with.  I've only flown it on the included 50' lines so far and its been great fun - it flys in nearly nothing.  I can't wait to try the kite out on shorter lines.

I'm on vacation at Sunriver, OR now - lots of pines trees and little open space, so the kite has come in handy for small-space flying.

At some point, I will post a video.

Thanks to Steve, Prism, Mike, and all for their part in providing the 4Ds.

6 kite tom
John Welden

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 04:30 PM »

Mike.

Mine arrived last week - I've even had it out a few times!  I am enjoying the kite - I like it MUCH more than the 3D which I never really got on with.  I've only flown it on the included 50' lines so far and its been great fun - it flys in nearly nothing.  I can't wait to try the kite out on shorter lines.

I'm on vacation at Sunriver, OR now - lots of pines trees and little open space, so the kite has come in handy for small-space flying.

At some point, I will post a video.

Thanks to Steve, Prism, Mike, and all for their part in providing the 4Ds.

Hey what about me?  Wink

You should make a video Tom.  When you flew mine you were already doing a bunch of cool stuff.
ghfisanotti

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 01:21 PM »

Did not receive mine yet, and do not have any confirmation about it being shipped already.

Hope to see a video from Tom flying the 4D soon.

Regards from Argentina,

Gerardo.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 02:07 PM »

My apologies.  Delayed on getting the "non-US' prizes out.  They will be on the way in the next couple of days.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
ghfisanotti

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 04:35 PM »

My apologies.  Delayed on getting the "non-US' prizes out.  They will be on the way in the next couple of days.

No problem Steve, thanks for the input, I'll keep waiting!

Best regards,

Gerardo
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 05:48 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing some videos from the 4D winners... I can't get mine to do many tricks, but it sure is fun to fly in next to no wind.
~Rob.

fourmatic

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 12:43 PM »

HI!

Seems that this kite non U.S participants will be received at Christmas  Smiley

Still waiting..hope it was just a mistake..colour not so important.

Just want to know, does this prize on the way now..no answer Steve for my email..

Regards,

Alex(Estonia)

nice pictures guys  Undecided

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 02:04 PM »

Again my apologies.  There was a small issue holding up the shipments.  It has been resolved and all will be shipped by weeks end.
No disrespect meant to the "non U.S participants"

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document