GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 08:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF15 prize kite  (Read 3604 times)
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 02:52 PM »

Hi everybody, I finally received today my VF-15 prize, a gorgeous Prism 4-D in a beautiful sleeve. The weather forecast says next weekend we'll have nice weather here in Buenos Aires, so I hope I can fly it and make a video showing my newest kite.

Thanks a lot to Steve, Mike and Prism.

Best regards,

Gerardo.
fourmatic

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 06:45 AM »

Again my apologies.  There was a small issue holding up the shipments.  It has been resolved and all will be shipped by weeks end.
No disrespect meant to the "non U.S participants"

Hi!

I need invoice for my kite.Cause Post office need that I pay VAT..Some document needfull..I can not receive without this sheet..send me copy as attachment to my email, please..

Check you email..

Regards,

Alex

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 07:46 AM »

I'll send you some thing.  The customs form was marked as a contest prize.  If your regulations require that you pay VAT on prizes nothing that I send will change that.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 05:24 PM »

My father has to pay VAT tax on birthday & Christmas presents that I send him !

ghfisanotti

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 05:25 PM »

Well, I was supposed to pay approximately $60 USD to Customs here too, apparently because the invoice declared a monetary value and didn't say "gift". Although I work for Customs (IT, systems administration, etc.) I never understood the logic these guys apply to determine if you have to pay and how much. Finally when I told the guy that I worked for Customs too he said "you should have told me that from the beginning! take your kite and get out of here....", free of charge, certainly.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 06:03 PM »

Value has to be stated on the customs form.  Insurance cannot exceed the customs valuation. 
Your country levies a 75% "tax" on incoming goods?  Here I thought we got screwed by our government.
I am not familiar with every countries import regulations but I do know that in the UK the gift limit is about $30 US (higher for non business "gifts") and the 17.5% VAT is payable on the amount over that PLUS the shipping cost.  Again ... and I thought we were screwed.
Sorry if this caused you all problems.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:11 PM by Steve » Logged

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
ghfisanotti

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 07:17 PM »

Value has to be stated on the customs form.  Insurance cannot exceed the customs valuation. 
Your country levies a 75% "tax" on incoming goods?  Here I thought we got screwed by our government.
I am not familiar with every countries import regulations but I do know that in the UK the gift limit is about $30 US (higher for non business "gifts") and the 17.5% VAT is payable on the amount over that PLUS the shipping cost.  Again ... and I thought we were screwed.
Sorry if this caused you all problems.

In my country we pay a minimum of 50% and up to 75% depending on some impossible to understand set of rules. And that percentage is applied to the value declared plus shipping/freight/insurance (the CIF value). That includes import taxes, our VAT (believe it or not, we pay 21% VAT), income tax and a rather long series of taxes with names I don't know how to translate or explain.
You got to live in a third world country to know what is to be screwed by the government  Angry

Anyway, I didn't have any problem with this shipment and I'm always happy with a new kite, so I thank you once more for your kind gesture of donating these kites as prizes for VF-15.

From Buenos Aires,

Gerardo.
ghfisanotti

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 09:44 PM »

And I still have some luck, today we had a couple of hours of very light wind that was ideal for the maiden flight of my just received 4D, here is the video showing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=$1#errorPrivate video

Thanks again to the Virtual Freestyle organizers and sponsors for this kite.

Gerardo.
Nitrobex

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 10:14 PM »

link doesn't work.... Cool

"No it is not out of control, I am making it do those flips and turns."
ghfisanotti

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 07:50 AM »

link doesn't work.... Cool

Sorry, I forgot to configure it for public access, here is the correct link

Prism 4D won in Virtual Freestyle 15 - 28-aug-2010

Regards,

Voltios.
fourmatic

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 04:38 AM »

HI all!

Finaly my video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fourmatic4?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/5dfA0NLuyWI

all thanx are included  Wink

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 06:20 AM »

That's some really nice flying with the little kite!

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 03:48 PM »

great flying.

Fdeli
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 10:44 PM »

Great flying, and great light, love it.

I get a blank stare when I talk about that light, I'm guessing you're a photographer?

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography