GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 05:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual Freestyle 16 - Sweet  (Read 2816 times)
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« on: July 19, 2010, 04:20 PM »

I've suggested a deadline for entries of August 29th. Any counter-offers or dissenting voices ?

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
zippy8

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:42 AM »

Normal service is in the process of being resumed. Have
a video
to warm yourselves up. One entry already received, prizes proving difficult so I might dip into my own kitebag for a donation.

Mike.

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:57 AM »

prizes proving difficult so I might dip into my own kitebag for a donation.

Everyone's got kites. How about some VF Mugs? Those are real prizes.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:35 AM »

The only reason I bother entering VF is for the chance to win a B%$@@Y mug!

WinterDaze AoF
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 05:27 PM »

End of august is good for me, will try to convince some of my local friends to enter too.
zippy8

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:28 AM »

Further updates to VF16. I have some prizes for you, should you take the time to take part.

VF16 promo 2

Mike.

ghfisanotti

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:35 PM »

Good! prizes are always tempting, although having won one of the prizes in VF15 I must have run out of luck by now..., by the way, it seems to be that the non US resident winners, have no news about their 4Ds, at least not me and not Alex as far as I can see in a previous post in this thread.

I'm already preparing a couple of videos of maybe-acceptable quality for VF16.
ghfisanotti

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 05:48 PM »

Good! prizes are always tempting, although having won one of the prizes in VF15 I must have run out of luck by now..., by the way, it seems to be that the non US resident winners, have no news about their 4Ds, at least not me and not Alex as far as I can see in a previous post in this thread.

Latest Update:

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=4pickhlhmvcbjprbhkbik6gl72&topic=3577.0

Hmmm, Steve is saying "next couple of days" since five or six weeks ago...., I'm loosing my faith....  Embarrassed

John Welden

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 07:15 PM »

Latest Update:

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=4pickhlhmvcbjprbhkbik6gl72&topic=3577.0

Hmmm, Steve is saying "next couple of days" since five or six weeks ago...., I'm loosing my faith....  Embarrassed

I've been saying that since VF started, so don't feel too bad. One of these days I want to enter. He might reject my entry though, not sure how much he still hates me. 
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 07:28 PM »

Your kite shipped today.

You're not talking about me are you John?

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 07:31 PM »

Looks cool! I might try to enter, but thats cutting it close to school. Gotta make sure my playing is the best it can be for placement auditions this year Smiley

If I may ask, what is the "area 51" ? I haven't heard much about it.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
ghfisanotti

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 08:00 PM »

Latest Update:

I've been saying that since VF started, so don't feel too bad. One of these days I want to enter. He might reject my entry though, not sure how much he still hates me. 

Sorry John, I think I don't understand your comment: what have you been saying since VF started? who is supposed to hate you?

ghfisanotti

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 08:02 PM »

Your kite shipped today.

You mean me, Steve? my 4D has already been shipped?

zippy8

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 08:26 PM »

If I may ask, what is the "area 51" ? I haven't heard much about it.

Must.... contain..... fist.... of.... death....

Wink

The Area 51 from now defunct but semi-resurrected Mullin Kites was part of the second wave of UK trick kites, roughly contemporary with the Benson Gemini. If you couldn't Backspin it (and this was at a time when this was a new, hot trick) then you needed to have your pulse checked. Packed with interesting ideas, including the world's most compleximicated bridle, it is something of a classic. This one is in close to time warp condition.

If you actually fly kites for fun you'll enjoy this kite. It's about as serious as a propeller bow tie.

Other than that..... the mugs are great and money is always welcome, surely.

Mike.

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 08:28 PM »

Your kite shipped today.

You mean me, Steve? my 4D has already been shipped?

Yes

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document