GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kite to teach kids basic stunt kite tricks, Jazz, Jewel or Wolf?  (Read 3935 times)
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 04:27 PM »

New Tech Cherry Bomb or Go fly a kite parastunter 1.4m quad kite.
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 04:34 PM »

I am  42  years  old  Sam  and  my tounge  still goes  out  to augemnt   kite control Grin Tongue

<* Insert appropriate face palm *>  I so walked right into that one.  Cheesy

ATB,
Sam
crunchie
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 07:50 PM »

Thanks for all the comments! To answer a few questions, I do have a foil, small size from HQ. There is a MAJOR problem... they need help to relaunch. The "solid" kites, they can self launch after a few explanations. So I've stopped workin with the foils because of that, they have too much problems launching it compared to the solid ones.

If there are enough kids I'll still take out the foil, just because they cant hurt anyone with it and can beat it up how much they want it just wont break. One of them ends up figuring out how to help the kid flying relaunch the foil.

As for age, I'm talking about 6-8 years. Last time I gave this 6yrs girl (she was very good with the HQ foil, so I thought she could try the real thing) my old E2, lo and behold she nearly darted face down in the lawn when the kite got in the power zone. She "likes it" but cannot control anything when struggling just to stay standing up!

So hence a not too big a kite.

Up to now all the kids I've helped out just have fun going left and right and making a circle. I can even show them basic ground recoveries Smiley Maybe I could teach one to make a half axel sometime.

crunchie

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 08:12 PM »

BTW, st3307, what kite is that in your avatar picture? Custom widow maker?
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 08:19 AM »

BTW, st3307, what kite is that in your avatar picture? Custom widow maker?

Yes it  is  a Custom  Widow Maker  one  of the  original  Spiders    there were only 6  made    plus   the  original  mine  is  #3
    I  borrowed some  one else Pic  of  it  since I don't own a  cam but here is a bigger pic  of it

Good air always Bobby
crunchie

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 07:17 PM »

Absolutely amazing design, its really pretty. Too bad they only made 6... I don't think I will ever see one for sale Sad

Well maybe in a few years when it becomes "old school"
ET
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 08:17 PM »

I've flown and tricked all three.. Jewel gets my vote.  Does everything, light pull and better low end of the three.  Here's a past review http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/2831-the-new-premier-jewel/
Turkey9186
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 09:44 PM »

Have you tried to find a Beetle?  I spent about a 1/2 hour with my then four year old and turned her lose.  Not much pull, fairly cheap, flys okay at lower winds.
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 10:48 PM »

A favorite of ours is the Prism 3-D................We even picked up a couple from Steve a while back. (sail flaws [not much really  Wink] )

Kite flys really low, as you know, and will handle twelve easily....just lengthen the lines a bit (75 to 100ft) and is really pretty bullet-proof...............

Makes it easy to teach a beginner when the winds are light.

Jim

PS: I better add that it doesn't work out to well in mid to tall grass...........too many parts to lose.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:50 PM by Kantaxel » Logged

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 01:48 AM »

"I do have a foil, small size from HQ. There is a MAJOR problem... they need help to relaunch."

That's why I like my Parasunter 1.4m quad foil, very few walks of shame and like most quad foil kites it flys like a 2 line if you let the bottom of the handles hang out. I let many kids fly this kite.
 You might also check out Gomberg's two line diamond kites.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document