GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 09:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyburner Kites Indoor Showcase  (Read 3037 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« on: July 24, 2010, 09:19 PM »

Showcase for the PDSUL, Ocius Indoor (coming soon, model not complete yet) and the Inak. The Ocius in the video is just a UL with the Lower and Upperspreaders swapped out for lighter rods (2pt). The kite shows a lot of potential! This was the maiden flight of the first stage in the kites becoming.

Skyburner Kites Indoor Showcase

'hope you enjoy!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 09:32 PM »

Skyburner Kites Indoor Showcase

and for those who like Vimeo or live in Germany.... (sorry guys, youtube copyright crap...) here it is!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 12:52 AM »

Did I just see a PDSUL do a cometé at 2:35 and an iNak do the same at 5:40?

Love seeing all these different Ocius color combo's, for a sail design that seemed pretty limited at first impression we've seen a pretty wide variety for such a simple scheme. Liking that kite more & more.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
stapp59
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 03:50 AM »

Nice flying Devin!  I like the orange/purple on the grey!  Wink

Steve
art
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 06:00 AM »

Sharp kites and flying, great to watch.
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 06:46 AM »

Not if this cometé is anything like a comčte you didn't, no.

Nice vid. but it was a little shocking to see such a gentle and floaty kite like a Pro Dancer SUL being hauled about like that  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02 AM »

Wow I really enjoyed that video. Good stuff Devin.

Didn't even crossed my mind that the Pro Dancer SUL is capable of such stuff including comets in an indoor setting. May I know what is the line length you used for the Pro Dancer SUL and the knot placement on the bridle as a reference?

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 07:19 AM »

Didn't even crossed my mind that the Pro Dancer SUL is capable of such stuff including comets.......

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
711jrp

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 07:47 AM »

Stop being daft Mike, He got it.

Pigs might fly, but only if you bridle them right!!

Pete
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 07:49 AM »

Nope.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
johnfarl

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41 AM »

Ocius looks like it might be the indoor winner.  Anychance one of those will be at WSIKF.  Would love to tug those strings for a trial.  How about at AKA?

John
adx1592

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09 PM »

Hey guys,
Thanks for the kind words, and spelling corrections hahaha. I'm not sure about the Ocius Indoor Model's arrival anywhere, but I bet it'd be at convention. Last I asked, Jon was going. Drop him an email.

The Inak wasn't exactly a comete, but the first prodancer one WAS. The second was kinda a combo of the beginning and an axel mid trick to gain some height.

Either way, indoors, especially on the prodancer, if it looks like that, I'll take it lol. Both kites really are very capable indoors, ya just gotta know their limit before they break. I've been there many'a time. hahahahahahaha  Cheesy. I can't tell you how many times the Inak frame looked so distorted I thought it was donefor before this video. It holds up tho, so I just keep pushing it to that limit- see whats possible, yaknow? I'm sure there's more, but I haven't been able to put a lot of time on the kite because well... midwest... winds, you know haha. No place to fly indoors either- this was at Kites over branch county.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Nitrobex

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 08:14 PM »

Devin you are killing me man, I am looking for my first high end kite and I keep watching your videos and I am really confused on what kite to get now. 

Cool Can some on please post a video of a noob flying these high end kites not some one who can fly a brick and make it look pretty  Cool

"No it is not out of control, I am making it do those flips and turns."
GWTWNewb
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 11:39 PM »

That was most certainly a comete - I think you should revisit the video and take another look.
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 05:36 AM »

That was most certainly a comete - I think you should revisit the video and take another look.
Mike ran STACK, what does he know.  Cheesy

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography