GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 07:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaaawww crap  (Read 5895 times)
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:16 AM »

So I have been in the World of Warcraft and for the fourth time in my life I am neglecting my responsibilities as a "good flier".

I will atone for this, but, there is lmited interest with the kite (375 US) I am willing to deno.

I don't hate revs, only their CEO Mr. (Come with me to the dark side, or I will kill/embarrass you: same thing)  Barresi.

You were the chosen one John.  All things aside, I need to fly.  Will you help me?  I don't care anymore, two lines or evil (X4) lines.  Where do I go?

aka Mr. Lost

EDIT:  I put this here for a reason.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:26 AM by Beachbum » Logged
melnsct
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:17 AM »

What does this mean?Huh?

Melanie in Tennessee
rxburner
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 08:45 AM »

It means that Luke has just realized that Darth is his father.
Rx
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 08:53 AM »

Nonsense. This is from the first film that bizarrely got "number four":-

LUKE: How did my father die?

BEN: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father.

All this "I am your father, Luke" gibberish is just more cruel mind games from a psychopath. Search your feelings... you know it to be true.

Mike,
has some time on his hands.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 09:03 AM »

EDIT:  I put this here for a reason.

My Captain Midnight decoder ring exploded trying to suss this out... I expect I'll still be pulling metal slivers out of my hand come the end of the week.  Cry

ATB,
Sam
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 09:11 AM »

Nonsense. This is from the first film that bizarrely got "number four":-

All this "I am your father, Luke" gibberish is just more cruel mind games from a psychopath. Search your feelings... you know it to be true.

Mike,
has some time on his hands.

Prequels are nothing new.  Alterred/butchered storylines in multi-installment movies are nothing new.   Anyone that truly doubts this, just needs to sit through all the "Highlander" installments, where there are more WTF moments than orphaned popcorn kernals in the world's movie theathers. (Sunday is hyperbole day  Grin).

The gibberish factor also depends a lot on how literal you take Ben's original quote, and the fact that he later recanted.   This is way deep in "belly-button staring" territory though.... "Abandon all hope ye who enter here..."

ATB,.
Sam
kiten00b
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 09:29 AM »

I didn't go to enough "safety meetings" to understand the point this thread
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 10:12 AM »

Me either apparently.  Huh

I'm not sure if BeachBum is just taking the piss out of me, or if he's serious.

No issues on my side in either case, I'm getting a good chuckle out of it thus far. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
UPNET
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 10:32 AM »

He has been eating too much Seal jerky. Living up there in NorCal...it's cheap and plentiful.    Wink

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
Kitelife

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 10:51 AM »

Nice sig line UPNET, how appropriate (coincidentally). Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
melnsct
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11 AM »

Dear Mr Beachbum,

I don't know what John did to piss you off but I do know that posting cryptic messages on a public forum and saying that you hate someone is in really poor taste.  Do you also post things on public forums when you disagree with someone at your workplace or if you don't get along with your neighbor??

I know John has a strong personality and some people have a hard time with that.  I know several Rev flyers that simply don't like him and his style but they still fly Revs and still fly with groups, just not with John.  His world is just one aspect of quad flying and he is cerrtainly not the CEO.

I have had lots of experiences flying with and around John, both good and bad.  I even cussed him once....and he deserved it!!  However, most of my experiences have been good (sometimes even awesome).  He has helped me improve my flying more than anyone else I have flown with.  In over two years time, he got both my husband and daughter flying (and loving it) so that now we are flying together all the time and even working on some three-Rev routines. 
Most importantly of all, I have a physical disability and John told me once to not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.  That moment.....that off the cuff comment....changed my life and he has no idea!!

I don't really know where I'm going with this.  I just felt the need to say that you can coexist with someone whether you like them or not.  No need to publically state that you hate someone....you just MIGHT change your mind.

I hope your day gets better....hugs from me!!!!

Melanie in Tennessee
Kitelife

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 12:26 PM »

Thanks Mel, it's all my pleasure, happy to take some heat if it gets/keeps things/people moving.

I did deserve it, and will again - I'm sure.

My best to Laurel and Scott. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
quaa714

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 12:42 PM »

Agreed!!!!!!
But I'll gladly attend one if if will help!!!
UPNET
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 01:01 PM »

See...this all happened when Beach was a little kid. He had worshiped the most excellent quad flyer from afar. Even going as far as building several small quad models out of popsicle sticks,  tissue paper and string. One day he learned of a kite festival, in which his hero would be in attendance. Knowing he would have to ride his bicycle, he made preparations. He packed his models, a PB&J sandwich,Seal Jerky, 3 Oreo's, and a box of Jujyfruits, into his Josie and the Pussycats lunchbox. Mounted his Schwinn Stingray and pedaled off up the coast for the 100 mile plus trip. At the festival, he enjoyed watching his hero fly the Quad...with several others. After the performance, Beach....the little bum, stood in line for an autograph from his hero. He wanted to show him the small handcrafted Quad models, and give him one. Alas, his hero, who was tired from the performance...and whose pen had run out of ink, was directed by one of the festival big wigs towards the V.I.P. tent for some adult beverages and hang with the corporate sponsors. "Mr. Quad...Mr. Quad"..cried the little bum! He vainly tried to get the attention of his hero, who was swallowed up by the adoring crowd. Caught in the ensuing mass of humanity, little bum was knocked down, his quads trampled by the crowd.
Hours later, at dusk,on the empty kite field, he held his broken models up, and through tear stained eyes, said "As God is my witness, I will never fly Quads...ever!"
The return trip was a blur to the kid, probably because he had a blow out on the front tire of the Stingray just outside of Pruneville, suffered a minor concussion, when he hit the ditch hard. The CHP delivered the little bum back home to his bewildered parents, the next day. Nursed back to health, the little bum was different. There was a fire inside, that you could see in his eyes. For every night, as he dreamed, he saw a kite...one with two lines, not four. And made a vow to himself, that only he could make come true.

Wink

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
Kitelife

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 01:59 PM »

Such is the life of a rock star in this overburdened, world famous, million dollar earning pastime we pursue.

*guffaw*

Not sure to make of that story UP, but it's a great read. Smiley

Loving this topic, keep the replies coming, high and low!

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change