GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 10:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowest tides of the year at Cannon Beach this week.  (Read 1025 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 16, 2010, 02:20 AM »

After hearing about the awesome weather and info about the lowest tides of the year at Cannon Beach Oregon.

Spent 4 days in virtual kite heaven on earth this week.
Beautiful light & warm winds...blowin' straight in from the west.
Here are a just a few shots for the memories.

[to save space attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:22 AM by Sketch » Logged
Sketch

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:04 AM »

KITE DAZE-DAYS GONE BY PHOTO
One of my first photos (from an old 35mm slide) taken at Cannon Beach waaaaaaaaay back in 1993.
(That kite shown here...was my beloved old custom Goodwind Flashlight that I had just won Choro the week before at a Longbeach Sportkite Festival.)
Skyshark Golden's skinnnnny's  frame and a beautifully sewn sail by Kathy Goodwind's Gifted son, Todd.
Gee, time flies when you are having kite flyin fun...(every cell in my old bod' has died and virtually gone...and saddest of all is my quickly disappearing memory brain cells:) since this old photo was taken-------

Hey some of you ol' lurking "kite-geeks!"
 Dig out some of your old photos and slides from the past...and share a few before its our turn to "Fly with the angels, between the earth and sky!" ....before we die?

[to save space attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:08 AM by Sketch » Logged
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+47)

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:22 AM »

Don, are you still here? I am. Thought about you the last couple of days. Now I see your Shadow outside of the Tolovana.

Bob
Sketch

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:42 PM »

Don, are you still here? I am. Thought about you the last couple of days. Now I see your Shadow outside of the Tolovana.
WOW!
 Sorry I Missed you this year....Had a great time..spent 4 days but we ran out of money and my beloved ran out of vacation time...plus
our old "TOLO-IN" WAS REALLY BOOKED UP AND JELLY TIGHT!
Great weather and awesome flying conditions.

[in order to save space on the server attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:45 PM by Sketch » Logged
MtnFlyer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 06:38 PM »

Cheesy  I think you took the weather with you, Don. I ended up flying an Echo on 16' to 30' lines for a couple of days in the clouds and fog before driving up and down the coast. Then Fri & Sat turned sunny again but with 20+ mph measured winds. Vented Rev time Fri. Finally got an SLK up Sat in upper teens and vented and mid-vent Revs.

Great time all week, though, as usual!

Bob
Sketch

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 09:39 AM »

Wow!
No wind----- or GALE FORCE??? Gee Bob! I hate when that happens....
That stretch of Oregon coast is always a TURKEY SHOOT for finding good winds.
It can be dead calm at Cannon...and then only 15 minutes south at Manzanita' Beach...IT CAN BE BLOWIN 40+ N GUSTS TO 90!  Shocked

Great views of Manza' on first attached photo.
2nd shot..is looking back up at the Mt. top with  VW (OFORD') WOLFsbugga' & driving instructor Misseeemassa' Carol giving instructions to "Annie" the driver in the front seat.
HOW BOUT' SHARING SOME OF YOUR AWESOME PHOTOS???
BOB! YOUR PHOTOS ARE ALWAYS WORLD CLASS...

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:41 AM by Sketch » Logged
MtnFlyer

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 03:21 PM »

I think you got all the good shots this year, Don.  Wink

I love that view of Manzanita from the view point on the curve. Always very cool. I stopped down at that beach a year or two ago. Must be my luck though. It was dead calm then, too.  Cheesy

Bob
Sketch

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 01:28 PM »

While at Cannon...I did have one sunset that was truly awesome...

Too bad my $89.00 Fugi Not So FinePix J10 didn't capture the real beauty of the moment.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography