GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 10:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some More Videos of BMK's  (Read 2087 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« on: July 30, 2010, 07:33 AM »

Here's some new vids we did of the Mamba Nitro, Moonie UL, and Mongoose (trick vid).
'hope you enjoy!

The Mamba in the video is NOT the new Mamba. The Same production Mamba, nothings changed but yoyo stoppers.

Devin

Mongoose Tricks. With Music

Mamba Standard Music

Moonie Mamba UL
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:04 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:47 AM »

ahhh... that Moonie Mamba is so graceful, and white/blue just defines UL for me. Has that received any of the new mods, bridle, standoff lengths?

Looks like the new Mamba has retained those wonderful straight lines and grace while picking up a few new tricks but with Devin on the lines who knows? Need to see one of those "hey fly this" vid's featuring somebody with average skills  Undecided    Wink

Nice to see a full trick vid of the Mongoose, I understand Ken's liking to see the kites fly, heck I don't slack a line on a new kite until until I've drawn some squared infinity's in the sky to get the feel of it. But until I saw your explanation of Ken's restraint that first vid against all those Ocius vid's left me a bit disappointed. Now I'm not.  And just what colors is that thing? Black & Purple I got, but that third color isn't Flo Orange I have that, and it doesn't appear to be Gold, regular Orange or the old Mango, it looks like a deep Pink or Rose but with more orange tint.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
nckiter
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:23 PM »

OK, so I'm not into this flippy floppy stuff but that Mongoose vid is enough to get me thinking about a trip up the mountain to pay homage to the man, throw myself at his feet and beg to be allowed to purchase and train with a sensei. I'm not worthy Smiley
adx1592

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:29 PM »

ahhh... that Moonie Mamba is so graceful, and white/blue just defines UL for me. Has that received any of the new mods, bridle, standoff lengths?

Looks like the new Mamba has retained those wonderful straight lines and grace while picking up a few new tricks but with Devin on the lines who knows? Need to see one of those "hey fly this" vid's featuring somebody with average skills  Undecided    Wink

Nice to see a full trick vid of the Mongoose, I understand Ken's liking to see the kites fly, heck I don't slack a line on a new kite until until I've drawn some squared infinity's in the sky to get the feel of it. But until I saw your explanation of Ken's restraint that first vid against all those Ocius vid's left me a bit disappointed. Now I'm not.  And just what colors is that thing? Black & Purple I got, but that third color isn't Flo Orange I have that, and it doesn't appear to be Gold, regular Orange or the old Mango, it looks like a deep Pink or Rose but with more orange tint.

Mike, this isn't the new mamba. Thats a stock old mamba, nitro rods. No weight. No bridle changes.  Smiley
Glad you enjoyed the videos!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 09:44 AM »

sorry to leave a question unanswered mike, that is flo orange on the stripe of the kite. Thats the 2nd prototype. The first looks like an MSE.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 09:54 AM »

Really? the Flo Orange I have in my Muse seems much deeper, guess it's the magic of photography.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:05 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
adx1592

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 10:01 AM »

It might be 'cuse it's against purple? Not sure. That kite is the same one on the Mongoose page on kens site tho.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:38 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
stapp59
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 12:12 PM »

Nope don't have the red #2 proto, currently flying #00. Ken may want that one back history you know.  Currently flying a UL frame and testing ...

It might be 'cuse it's against purple? Not sure. That kite is the same one on the Mongoose page on kens site tho. The other one is the #2 of the 2nd prototypes, that is now in Steve Tapp's bag.
adx1592

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 12:39 PM »

sorry for the mix up steve. wait, what kite is it then? send a pic!!!  Tongue

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
stapp59
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 12:47 PM »

Black sail with plum/wine along the TE.  MSE graphic before new layout.  Ken had it out at GH and was threatening to recycle it at Maumee. He relented to let it live another day and it now lives at a halfway house nearby. Grin

sorry for the mix up steve. wait, what kite is it then? send a pic!!!  Tongue
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:36 PM »

Devon name the different kites we flew last night including Spencer's... must of been ten different kites.... Oldies  and new one's... I got my Pro Dancer today.... Red Sail.... 11 different kites... jim had his little one,Spencer had oldie, Wayne brought 4 oldies, You brought PDUL,Mambo,Oldie,Ocious,Widow Maker........... Gusty winds today 10-15mph... not PDU Wind..hehehe..heard good things about Chiles from John... already picked up he was a nice guy...his photos are always nice to see... Cool Enjoying summer..

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14 PM »

we flew...

Ocius Std
Overdrive
Overdrive SUL
PDSUL
Phoenix
Mamba Moonie UL
Tica
Revolutions
Wind Whip
Warrior UL
Wahoo UL
WidowMaker Std
Tramontana 2000

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 06:19 AM »

tica???
wazzat?Huh

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
adx1592

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 06:23 AM »

mmhm! The David Bui Tica from wayyyyback.
Wayne let me borrow it! Pics here---

still drooling over it  Tongue thanks wayne!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 06:25 AM »

here's the Phoenix by David, too.
This isn't the HQ one.

Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change