GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Around Milpitas Area  (Read 2080 times)
imarche
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: April 10, 2010, 01:22 AM »

Hi,
I'll be in Milpitas for 2 weeks of work. I'd hope for some flying time between 24-25th Apr. Can anyone recommend a good spot and any local fliers around the area?

Cheers
Chua

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:36 AM »

Hop on 237 and take it to Baylands or 237 to 101 to Shoreline.  The parks sit on either side of Moffett  There are several fliers on the forum that fly in that area.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
imarche

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:49 PM »

Hop on 237 and take it to Baylands or 237 to 101 to Shoreline.  The parks sit on either side of Moffett  There are several fliers on the forum that fly in that area.

Thanks Steve! Is there anyone I should be looking for? Rev fliers?

Cheers
Chua

kitelover
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:15 AM »

If you don't mind an hour drive, try the Berkeley Marina/Chezar Chavez Park at the West end of University Avenue. It's a very popular kite flying location with local Rev fliers. Some of us will be in Morro Bay that weekend. The field on the West side, closest to the Bay, isn't huge. But 75-85' lines work fine. Or you could share the large field to the East with off lease dogs (minor problem). Views of the Bay & Golden Gate Bridge, few obstructions, best winds in the Bay Area. Where ever you go, enjoy.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:55 AM »

There are always some flyers at Shoreline Park in Mountain View on the weekend (or just about any weekday afternoon). Some excellent quad, dual and traction people. Vince Maranta is one of my favorite quad flyers, especially with a Speed Series Rev.

Baylands is a bit closer to your location, but has been overrun by RC plane people.

Allen, AKA kitehead
kitechick
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 10:56 AM »

I agree with Allen, skip Baylands and go to Shoreline. Its only 10 minutes farther and you'll find other flyers and smoother winds there. Post again a week before you go and I bet you'll find people to meet up with.
imarche

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56 AM »

Thanks! Ok, so it's either Shoreline or Cesar Chavez Park that is also recommended by a local flier here. I don't mind the drive to find a good flying spot and to meet the local fliers there. Well, if time permits, I might head for both places over the weekend!

Cheers
Chua

flyjay77
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:28 PM »

I have spent many years flying at shore line park . Its a great place to fly . I flew there a lot back in the day when we use to be able to fly at the lake . that was a sweet place to fly . than they moved us out to the parking lot at the gate  Embarrassed , still though tons of great times .

Jason,

Jason Pearson
Shorline Park Mt. View Ca.
1987-1990 pilot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum