GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 07:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Masterpiece series revs.  (Read 2602 times)
flat6nut
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: August 21, 2010, 03:59 PM »

Official rev site is terrible...no prices or any info on purchace...plus new forum members cant post. BS

Anyone here have information on buying a masterpice series rev. Want a black/pink sizzle for the wife.

Michael
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:10 PM »

There's a list of retailers on the Revkites sit under Company

http://www.revkites.com/main/retailers

Allen, AKA kitehead
flat6nut

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:45 PM »

One of them is my local kite shop. I'll give them a call I guess...but they will not be able to give me an answer without calling Rev. Should be easier.
kitenut75
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 07:49 PM »

I asked them before, the Eyes were US$600 so I assume it should be about the same for the Sizzle.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:28 PM »

Most masterpiece series kites run between $550 and $650.  The sizzle masterpiece is one of the older ones and not sure if any of them are still available.  Those are made by Bazzar and he may be able to build one for you custom.  I have a couple of the Sizzle kites, have a blue and a green.

The Masterpiece kites are usually not stocked by the Rev dealers and usually purchased straight from Rev.  The reason for this is that they are made in very limited amounts (usually in batches of 6 or 10 total).  There just isn't any way to get them to the shops and even if they did send one or two to the shops, they would usually be in the wrong colors anyways.  You can try your local shop and they should be able to deal with Rev for you - but the price the local shop gets is usually the same price as everyone else so your local shop would either have to mark the price up a little or just get the kite for you at cost which isn't usually the highest priority for obvious reasons.

My suggestion is to contact Lolly or Ben at Rev directly, you can get their number right off of their website (I agree it is in major need of upgrading and improvement).  Call Lolly directly and she can tell you instantly if they have that particular Masterpiece available or if they will need to contact Bazzar about making it.

The Masterpiece series kites are usually done in a very limited amount so don't be upset if they are completely sold out and they are no longer making any of them.  Bazzar is the only artist that I know of that has made additional kites after the first Masterpiece offerings were done so you may still have a chance of getting one.

Hope this helps.

Kitelife

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 12:13 PM »

New members CAN post to the forum, you just have to wait for the mods to approve your account.

All new registration are in holding until manually approved, due to multiple spam registrations each day.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
flat6nut

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:45 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I would think that any kite under "Products" on a web site would still be available...or they should not be listed as a "product".  That being said...perhaps a $600 rev would not be the best place for my wife to start out at.
Gamelord

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 02:13 PM »

To start out...probably not. Smiley

Usually your first kite gets a bit of abuse as you begin to master it.  For 1/3 the price you can get one of the Baressi signature series kites which is arguably one of the best Rev's on the market.  The B-Series comes with everything but line (need to add that with the package) and two complete framesets for different wind conditions - where the Masterpieces are sold as kite and bag only.  Handles, lines, manual, DVD are not included.

flytillyoudie
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 01:11 AM »

Friend of mine has a pink sizzle for sale, drop me a line & I'll hook you up.
John

[in order to save space on the server attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:01 PM by flytillyoudie » Logged
flat6nut

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 03:18 PM »

PM sent.
Mike
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:01 AM »

Usually your first kite gets a bit of abuse as you begin to master it. 

Actually, Revs are pretty tough. I still have my first EXP from many years ago and still loan it out for others to fly.
I say go for Masterpiece and love it and fly it to death.

Mike Kory
and
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document