GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 09:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kite/Trick Clinic at WSIKF on Thursday  (Read 1818 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: August 08, 2010, 12:05 PM »

Folks,

Lam Hoac will be at WSIKF (Long Beach, WA) and has offered to do a clinic while he is there if enough people are interested.  Due to all the sport kites events on fri/sat/sun, I am thinking that Thursday (the 19th) would be the best day for the clinic.

There will be a very reasonable cost. Post here and PM me if you are interested in attending or have questions.  Once we get an idea of how many are interested, we can go from there.

It's a fantastic opportunity to learn from one of the best flyers/teachers/designers/builders in kiting today and to also have alot of fun.  Dual line, quad line, indoor, routine advice - he's an incredible knowledge resource on any kiting topic.

-Tom
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:26 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:01 PM »

Tom,
I'm hoping you mean Thursday the nineteenth............ Undecided..........the beach should be wide open after the 22nd...........

Jim
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:05 PM by Kantaxel » Logged

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 01:25 PM »

Right you are Jim, the 19th!  Smiley  I will edit the original post.

I had better also check my hotel reservation dates!   Huh Huh

6 kite tom
Kantaxel

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:44 PM »

So maybe Lam could have the clinic up north by Ocean Park?.............that way not interfering with any of the going ons?

MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 04:20 PM »

So maybe Lam could have the clinic up north by Ocean Park?.............that way not interfering with any of the going ons?

I think Mike was probably referring to the timing of the clinic, not necessarily the location.

Bob
mikenchico
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:19 PM »

yep timing, some events I won't miss. I may be primarily a sport kite flier but I won't miss the SLK showcase on Thursday. That's why you go to WSIKF.

Any new kites this year Bob? Always a pleasure to see your new creations.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Kantaxel

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 10:32 PM »

I think Mike was probably referring to the timing of the clinic, not necessarily the location.

No problem with that.............just thought that it might be easier not to try and figure out how one would know ahead of time what fields would be the easiest and have the easiest access to.........As far as I'm concerned it would be cool to have an assigned couple of fields and go with that.......I'm in, for sure, should it happen Grin

Jim

aland
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 06:55 PM »

I'm going. Haven't decidied what day yet but a clinic with Lam would help me decide.
tpatter

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 02:42 PM »

An update to the kite work shop.

We will meet Lam on the beach near the Bolstad approach (WSIKF site) around 10:45-11:00am.  He usually starts with some chatting so everyone gets introduced and he can gauge the work shop to our needs.  The work shop lasts to mid afternoon (say 4:30 or so) and he will cover most any kite-related topic.   

If you haven't met Lam, he will be the guy doing all the hot tricks with the Fearless or Transformer.

Several folks have already confirmed that they will be there, but there is still room.  I am going to try to make it myself as well, but may have family commitments that I can't put off.

-Tom
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:27 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 05:02 PM »

Another update.

I just chatted with Lam - he gave me some more details including some ideas for a clinic hot tricks shoot-out with some prizes!  (I won't say what they are).   The winner gets to take on Lam, but he has to stand in one place on only one leg during his tricks. Smiley

Who knows, with this restriction, perhaps we can get him to play for pink-slips!  I would imagine that he has some pretty nice kites in his bag.  I know he will be bringing 2 new Transformer models (the SUL and Vent) as well as another new Fearless specialty model.

-Tom

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 09:04 PM »

See you at Bolstad approach (WSIKF site) around 11:00am tomorrow, Thursday.

The wind and weather look good!  Smiley

6 kite tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change