GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets keep it simple- Best Ul- Best Std- Best Vented as a set  (Read 4067 times)
KeithG
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 09:21 PM »

Viper's, Vendetta's or Nirvana's, all three proven winners in the competition ring. Great blend of tricks and percision and all of them a heck of a lot of fun to fly even if you never compete.

Keith

Kites & Corvettes, both, a great way to fly.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 11:02 PM »

I thought of another item here.  In addition to a nice sweet set that curls your toes, I think a bag also needs an indoor kite for those days when there is just no wind (0-1).

Now, I can pull my favorite tricky SUL around in a 360 in nothing for a time, but it ain't fun for the long haul.  I want to be able to slowly (very slowly) walk backwards, do tricks on the glide down, pinwheels, fades, 360s, that sort of thing.  You know, really fly.  Also, it comes in handy for days when the heat and humidity are up, the wind is no-where to be found and you want to relax and do some flying.

You just don't have full wind coverage if you don't have an indoor(ish) kite.  For this, I keep the iTrix for new tricks (and lately Prism 4D for floaty stuff).  I've also heard great things about the Pro-Dancer and would love to try that one.

6 kite tom
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 11:14 PM »

Tom, if we ever meet, I'd be happy to let you try mine.

My vote for the sets mentioned before in my post, and a PDSUL.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 11:22 PM »

Tom, if we ever meet, I'd be happy to let you try mine.

My vote for the sets mentioned before in my post, and a PDSUL.

Thx - I appreciate the invite.  You can also try anything in my bag. Smiley

I make it to Chicago about once a year, I'll PM you next time I do.

-Tom

6 kite tom
Andy S
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 12:47 AM »

5. Nivarna- I have notice the high volume of people are selling second hand kites

People get them because they're so highly talked of by them that like them, then find they're not to their taste, so they sell them on. Personally I don't think the SUL or VTD had a consistent feel with the STD unlike some of the sets you can find these days.
Flying High

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 08:06 AM »

Which Level Ones do you have?
eric
[/quote]

I have a Genesis evo, Eternity standard, Eternity Limited edition, Extreme, Genesis Ul and Matzel edition JJF. The matzel is my favorite because this kite performs the hardest trick with ease and is extremely quick, so it makes you think. I think the set concept is good because there are days where you can fly the complete set and get that connection easier
onlye
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 08:02 PM »

Which Level Ones do you have?
eric

I have a Genesis evo, Eternity standard, Eternity Limited edition, Extreme, Genesis Ul and Matzel edition JJF. The matzel is my favorite because this kite performs the hardest trick with ease and is extremely quick, so it makes you think. I think the set concept is good because there are days where you can fly the complete set and get that connection easier
[/quote]

Nice collection of Level Ones (he says with envy).  How do you like the Eternity and is there any comparison to a Genesis?  You actually have a pretty nice rage with the Gen Evo and UL.

eric
forum member since 04/21/2001
and still can't fly like those darn videos
Flying High

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 02:38 AM »

Well it's like dis, I love the Gens and I love the Eternity's. Gens are a great sport kite with unlimited capability's within there jondra, the eternity does fly like a big JJF but S..t it's fun. Nice slow free flowing movements , capture fades at 8inches from the ground and fly the fade it's just great fun. I'm thinking of turning the limited edition to SUL but not yet. Cheers 
freestyle
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 12:19 PM »

Viper's, Vendetta's or Nirvana's, all three proven winners in the competition ring. Great blend of tricks and percision and all of them a heck of a lot of fun to fly even if you never compete.

Totally on board with that mate, I've got the Vendettas, well the three I can get right now until my man Shawn makes that SUL. They're in that all you ever need bracket.

I've also got the Next Up set which do not have a vented just a team but, once you get the hang of them... very nice indeed.

Cheers
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 09:02 PM »

Have to say, if you simply must have a set of recreational kites and can't let go of the idea of a vented, this is about your only choice besides something from Level One. They've been doing full sets of a number of their rec designs for Years.

Really think hard about the vent though if you are not competing and if you are, there are many full sets for that purpose to choose from.

The Talons make a lot of sense for the hardcore rec flyer.

I have 3 kites in my car for the last 4 months...A Talon set Tongue
Haven't needed anything else since then Wink
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 09:04 PM by JimB » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document