GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 06:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liberty State Park - Last Weekend In August  (Read 1325 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« on: August 12, 2010, 10:23 AM »

People will be getting together on the 28th and 29th (and unofficially on the 27th) out at LSP for a Kite Party-type deal.

Meet up at the diner for breakfast @ 8AM

No booze.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:25 AM by JimB » Logged
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 03:24 PM »

I will be there sunday nice and early!!!!!
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 12:25 PM »

Sounds like a good time! (I hope my arthritis is better by then.)

Bob D.
Bob D

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:57 AM »

Any more details on the event? I could probably be there Saturday or Sunday. What time is breakfast at the diner? What will need to be set up? What are the events? (Will there be something for anyone who's never flown before or want to try an OPK?)

Sammy: I have an Exile and a Widow Maker if you want to give them a try.

Oh yeah: What is the start time for the event?

Bob D.
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:02 AM »

No events. Breakfast at 8AM Saturday as of now. Fly all day. Not sure on what field. Not a structured event. Just a Two day get together.

Contact Kurtis for any info he may have.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:04 AM by JimB » Logged
Bob D

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:51 AM »

Sounds like a good time! I hope there's a good turn-out!

Bob D.
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 12:18 PM »

Hey bob
  Yeh it iwll be alot of fun and great people..... we will be flying where the other festivals are and not near the playground ( as i know of )  Bring yr kites bc we need to fly the crap out of them lol  I have a vendetta you need to try and then you will order 1 lol its 100x better then the nirvanas u will see.

see you then hope you still have my number

thx sammy
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:57 PM »

I wanted to post a Thank You to Kurtis and The Spirits for putting this together.

While it was a wind-challenged Weekend, the quadies in general, and The RevRiders in particular, did a great job of keeping something, and more often than not a good deal more than just something, in the air through all but the most mordant of lulls.

It was nice to have an event to go to and see some old friends and make a few new ones. Wouldn't it be nice to have a few more like this during the season?

Bob D

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 04:28 AM »

I second that!

The wind was good for awhile and gave me a chance to try some OPKs (a Vendetta and Exile UL), thanks John! And it was great seeing some people I haven't seen in a long time! The temperature was a tad warm but the humidity wasn't bad. Overall, a good day! Thanks, Kurtis for organizing it!

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography