GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 10:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Fox 2.3 vs. Hypnotist  (Read 1003 times)
kitechick
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: August 15, 2010, 11:14 AM »

Its been a while since I've done some serious flying. I was out flying my SF 2.3 this weekend, and I was having trouble with it being twitchy. Then someone lent me a hypnotist, and I loved it. It was slower and more controlled than my SF - exactly what I needed to recall the tricks I lost.

I used to be so happy with my SF, so I'm wondering if maybe I just need to make some adjustments to it? I have it on the turbo bridle setting, so I could try moving it back to the 3 point setting. Could I have the tension or weight wrong? I did add some weight to the tail. I'd like to be happy with my SF again instead of spending money on a new kite.

Is the SF just a twitchy kite, or can I improve upon it? Is the Hypnotist a slower kite?

I also saw a Premier Widow I liked the looks of, sigh.

Laura
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:33 PM »

The Silver Fox is a slow well behaved kite. Not very twitchy or overly sensitive. I'd check the bridle & make sure all the beads are set for the Turbo. If it's correct, switch it to 3pt and see what you think. When I had one, I mostly used the 3 point but now I don't remember why that was. Roll Eyes If the weight you added was more than the stock weight, that could be it too.

I have flown them both but not back to back. My recollection is that the SF 2.3 is slower than the Hypnotist. They are both pretty fun to fly & trick. One of the biggest differences is the Back flip. The Hypno takes more effort to go back and won't stay on it's back once it's there. The SF will sit in the Turtle position well. The Hypno Flic Flacs super easy though. As long as you have the wind, you can do quite a bit with your SF.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document