GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 02:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning copy kite spotted  (Read 4116 times)
n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: August 21, 2010, 07:30 AM »

(2nd Moderation, 1:14 AM Sunday Aug 22)
Indirect Link Removed.
There may be a language problem here.
The intent of the rule is to remove the path to all stores selling kites, whether they sell legitimate or counterfeit kites. By putting in the link with the directions to change *** to com, you have still provided the link to another kite store.

You are free to:
1 Name the store
2 Accuse them of selling counterfeit kites
3 Hopefully, state reasons why you believe the kites are counterfeit
4 Perhaps use a different font color than yellow (very difficult to read)

Il Duce.

please change *** to com

Please Do Not post Direct Commercial Kite Links

Thanks. JWB

please beware...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:19 AM by chilese » Logged
tcope

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 09:05 AM »

The moderation kind of makes this post completely pointless.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 09:26 PM »

Yours or his?

The point of this thread seems to have been to post a link to a site selling counterfeit kites.

If the point was to remind people to beware of counterfeit kites at their local store or on the manufacturer sites of the various boutique builders and/or the larger companies, well then: job done.

But then the link was not necessary now was it? One could in fact opine that it was pointless.

There has been a lot of talk and posting of links back and forth concerning counterfeit kites, probably more than is warranted given the fact that most of the people visiting this site are entirely aware of the situation to begin with.

The people, in general, who find these kites and the sites where they are sold are the ones who go looking for them in the first place.

If you know enough to plug "Nirvana" into a search engine, you probably also know enough to plug "R-Sky" in too. If you end up on some no name site with a kite that looks vaguely, or more than vaguely, like a Nirvana with "Nirvana" worked into the name, well you get what you pay for.

If everyone wants to discuss counterfeit kites, then by all means, go ahead.

But.

Links to sites, whether commercial or otherwise, containing pictures and discussions of them will not be left in place.

You know the old saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity."?

Like that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:30 PM by JimB » Logged
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 11:09 PM »

Don't think for a moment there aren't people attempting to use this site to drive people towards sites where counterfeit kites are for sale.

I personally do not care if you buy counterfeit kites. That's between you and your conscience.

But you aren't going to get the link here.
tcope

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 11:41 PM »

Yours or his?
I guess that depends... was my post moderated?  Roll Eyes

But then the link was not necessary now was it? One could in fact opine that it was pointless.
Never said it was and never said it should not have been removed. I was _simply_ pointing out that without more in the post the removal of the link made the whole post empty.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 11:59 PM »

"The moderation kind of makes this post completely pointless."

You read it and tell me what it says.

If you meant thread, then okay. I was asking for clarification. What you wrote was not clear.
tcope

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 12:10 AM »

The point I was making was that the OP did not include any helpful info other then the link. When the link was removed (per forum guidelines) the only thing the  OP's post stated was "Please beware". The OP should have included more info, such as perhaps the type of kite, the maker, comments on how bad the kite is, etc.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
n893

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:47 AM »

Sorry Mod....

i'll make it no direct link...

thanks for remind me...
n893

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 01:23 AM »

Thanks Mod...

yes it's chinese website... i just wanna make other here to becarefull when buying kite online...

i meet the seller in china yesterday and he give me his web address and say he
copy cosmic tc, Lamhoac sea devil and nirvana...

he try to sell me and he said he already sell it alot in ebay and other online shop...

and from the price he sell in his web we should already know it's copy...

china yuan (RMB) : USD = 7 : 1

i dont know how to share the web again then...

but thanks for remind me...

Wink
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 02:20 AM »

thank you n893 for letting us know the cosmic tc, sea devil, and nirvana are being copied. until this point i wasn't aware of this.

should i buy one of these kites in the future, i'll make sure it's authentic by purchasing from a reputable dealer or individual i trust.

F¡deli°
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 03:34 AM »

thank you n893 for letting us know the cosmic tc, sea devil, and nirvana are being copied. until this point i wasn't aware of this.

should i buy one of these kites in the future, i'll make sure it's authentic by purchasing from a reputable dealer or individual i trust.
Ummm..... I don't think what's being highlighted here is what I would call counterfeit in that it is a fake sold as something else; labels, name and all. What I've seen before are look-a-like, shaped-a-like models that rip off the design but no-one with a shred of sense about them is going to mistake for The Real Thing™. At least not for a dual line kite.....

One website that I was directed to makes for truly scary viewing if you were in any line of business that involved selling things you make for money. How ironic then that the URL should immediately bring to mind "... and the Forty Thieves".  Embarrassed

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 05:01 AM »

we wouldn't know; the information to make our own assessment remains withheld.

F¡deli°
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 07:35 AM »

we wouldn't know; the information to make our own assessment remains withheld.

Fair point. How about this then:-

a company in Shandong will make you these...

Minimum order is 200 and they can supply up to 20,000 a week. The unit price just undercuts the original. Wink If you don't like what you see there are plenty of others willing to assist you, although how representative of what you get the pictures are I simply could not say.

However, to mistake it for the original would be an act of extreme folly and I seriously doubt anything other than a shady eBay site is going to offer these kites.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
n893

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 08:15 AM »

hi all... thanks for the support...

me n steve donovan from australia is trying to encourage local kite maker in china not to copy other design

make people notice of how many kite had been copied out there hope can make buyer aware too...

because some people always trying to sell this fake things as original, and with original price too...

if someday one of you can visit china n see the copy kite one in hand will be sure very supprise, because some of them build in very same quality n with print and label too...

like cosmic TC, the even print the warning small label at behind...

copy spar is start making problems too...

Wink Wink Wink
skabt
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 09:00 AM »

angelkites also copy kite Huh
sorry, me noob, just start learn how to fly a kite Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change