GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 04:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky Kites - US Sources?  (Read 1076 times)
sealcove
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: August 23, 2010, 03:09 PM »

Hello,

I was browsing the forums after searching GWTW's kite inventory.  After noticing a fair about of discussion on R-Sky kites, I thought I would ask if anyone could point me towards US dealers?  I have mostly been a Prism flier to date, but I would love to try something out of that box, and R-Sky has always interested me.  R-Sky has a dealer locator on their site, but I can't seem to get it to produce any results for any country, let alone the US.  Google is not turning up any leads either. Any suggestions?

Forgive me if this request is on the boundary of the forum rules.  I figured that since GWTW isn't a dealer, and if someone replied with a name but not a link, it was acceptable.

Thanks, Douglas
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:17 PM »

Try The Kite Shoppe.  Be sure to tell Theresa that Steve at GWTW sent you.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
sealcove

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:19 PM »

Thanks!  I was hesitant to ask this question in a dealers forum, but there is clearly a great knowledge base here. 
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:47 PM »

I have a used Nirvana SE in swap meet.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:50 PM »

welcome to the forums. don't let the barking dogs bother you, this really is a good source of information.

the exchange rate put the kibosh on US dealers carrying these kites though it's getting somewhat more favorable now.

what you find will be pricey, but i've been very happy with mine.

you will very occasionally see them for sale on the swap meet here, though i'd suggest only buying pristine examples.

Fdeli
sealcove

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 07:09 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I am not sure how ready I am to purchase (thinking Nirvana), but I suspect that one will be in my future.  I had been out of the kite flying game for a while, but I just started back up with some of my old kites and a new Zephyr.  That got me to start looking at all of the new things out over the last 8-10 years, and wow is there lots to drool over! Anyway, I am pretty sure that I have been a GWTW customer in the past, and I am guessing that I wont be long before I am again.

I am glad to have discovered these forums; there is a wealth of info buried in here.

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 04:54 AM »

The Nirvanas are great kites! It's a very neutral kite and encourages you to hone your skills. There are other kites that might hand out tricks easier but there's nothing like a Nirvana. (I especially like the Nirvana LW; it flies in less wind but handles a lot like the standard.)

Buy 20 extra stand off connector tabs until you learn how to disconnnect the stand off when you break it down. The trick is to twist the stand off back and forth until it works it way out of the connector. (The other trick is to use a pair of pliers to pull the stand off out of the sheared off button.)

I agree about buying one that's pristine. It wouldn't be as nice if it's got fraying and stains. For me, appearances count too.

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum