GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 05:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injured Ocius  (Read 2848 times)
aiZat
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: August 24, 2010, 03:34 PM »

Need help here Sad Got my first Skyburner kite Ocius somewhere in july. I'm not used to the handling at that point of time so i'm quite aggresive playing it. Not long after, i realised the sleeving on the upper part of the bridle line was cut, revealing the inner line. Now it can't fly, infact it floats in good wind Cry . Anyone with Ocius Std can kindly help me. Just need the bridle measurement and everything else. It would be better with picture. Thanks.

Ocius Std (FOR SALE)
Ocius Sul (SOLD)
TNT Std (SOLD)
Nirvana Extend (SOLD)
Windfighter (Given away)
Opera Andante
NSE Fifteen
Wala XL
Wala Aerobe
One Team Kite
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:29 PM »

Call Jon at Kites and Fun Things. I'm sure he can give you the measurements or send you new bridle. After all he designed and builds it. Just Google it, the phone number is right there, that's his retail shop.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:32 PM »

It  is  also    on the  right   over >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  there   Skyshark/skyburner   that  is  the  phone  number  Smiley   and   if  ya  don't  get  it   I will  messure  mine

Good air always Bobby
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:48 PM »

I'm also ready to help, too. Let us know!
Hope it gets in the air soon--- a really, really fun kite. Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
aiZat

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:11 PM »

Thank guys. Thing is i'm from Singapore and not so sure bout overseas call. Wink And no one here got an Ocius yet. Sad I've wrote in the contact form thingy at Skyburner site.. Still waiting for the reply...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:31 AM by aiZat » Logged

Ocius Std (FOR SALE)
Ocius Sul (SOLD)
TNT Std (SOLD)
Nirvana Extend (SOLD)
Windfighter (Given away)
Opera Andante
NSE Fifteen
Wala XL
Wala Aerobe
One Team Kite
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:22 AM »

how did you get the first ocius in singapore? did you not get it from Jon at skyburner?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 10:05 AM »

Thank guys. Thing is i'm from Singapore and not so sure bout overseas call. Wink And no one here got an Ocius yet. Sad I've wrote in the contact form thingy at Skyburner site.. Still waiting for the reply...

If you don't have any luck with the contact form, try the email at the very bottom of the home page.  Turn around on that generally can be measured in hours.   

It's the end of summer here, and it might just be the J & M are away at a kite festival.

ATB,
Sam
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 10:30 AM »

nope, they're there today. Probably busy. Things have been super busy at their store, which is sweet!
I'm going to see them today in about an hour, I'll get the measurements if you'd like them. Or I can have them write back to you- I'll let them know. Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 11:49 AM »

Ooooohh.... it's like Devin is the official Skyburner webcam... without the need to worry about batteries.  Cheesy  Although attaching a GoPro HD would still be tempting.  Wink   

ATB,
Sam

aiZat

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 11:54 AM »

@thief> Oh i bought it from a local trusted dealer. Patrick a.k.a Layangman. I was looking for a kite better than Crusader from angelkites. Thought of Widowmaker at first but changed my mind when he told me the new Ocius is coming. And he told me that i'll be the first one in Asia to have the Ocius with J.T signature! Smiley

@adx1592> Hope i'm not late to reply.. Yes please please tell them.. Appreciate your help so much.. Thank you!

Ocius Std (FOR SALE)
Ocius Sul (SOLD)
TNT Std (SOLD)
Nirvana Extend (SOLD)
Windfighter (Given away)
Opera Andante
NSE Fifteen
Wala XL
Wala Aerobe
One Team Kite
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 11:58 AM »

the sleeving on the upper part of the bridle line was cut

Am I missing something? If you've cut a bridle leg just copy it from the other side  Roll Eyes

aiZat

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 12:05 PM »

Well it's not just one side but both sides.. Toward the upper spreader.. Maybe i'm too aggresive on the multilazy.. Just maybe...

Ocius Std (FOR SALE)
Ocius Sul (SOLD)
TNT Std (SOLD)
Nirvana Extend (SOLD)
Windfighter (Given away)
Opera Andante
NSE Fifteen
Wala XL
Wala Aerobe
One Team Kite
Gamelord

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 12:33 PM »

Measurements are made from knot to knot so take into consideration the extra line used to make the knot.  Measurements do NOT include the pigtails, just the actual line only.  This is the one single line that runs from the top pigtail to the center and back to the spine.

From the knot on the upper pigtail connection point to the knot on the center fly line attachment pigtail 48.5cm.

From the center fly line attachment pigtail knot to the spine 59cm.

This measurement does not take into account the extra line used for the two added knots for the keeper line attachment (one on the upper leg, one on the lower leg).

Hope this helps.

aiZat

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 02:42 PM »

Phew! Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated. By the way, what bridle line should i use? How many pound? Heard that Dyneema 150# is good. Meantime i'll try out on spectra line..

Ocius Std (FOR SALE)
Ocius Sul (SOLD)
TNT Std (SOLD)
Nirvana Extend (SOLD)
Windfighter (Given away)
Opera Andante
NSE Fifteen
Wala XL
Wala Aerobe
One Team Kite
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 04:38 PM »

Dyneema & Spectra are basically the same, Spectra being the US name and Dyneema being used in many other countries, it's dependant on the manufacturer of the raw fibers. Either way it doesn't make the best bridle line being rather slippery and weakened by knots. Your best bet is the Dacron sheathed, Spectra cored bridle line you can get right here at GWTW/Chico Kites or directly from Jon at Kites and Fun Things if Patrick hasn't stocked any yet. Postage for a few yards from Steve shouldn't run much.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document