GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 11:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talon Vented  (Read 5813 times)
Mark E Mark
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 30, 2009, 01:22 AM »

Yesterday I went flying with a few friends and had a chance to try the Talon Vented (the very one that was won in VF11 in fact). To be honest I've not been a huge fan of vented kites (I recently sold my Akuji Vented) and have found that I would rather 'soldier on' with a standard than move to a vented. However, I was most pleasantly surprised by the Talon which felt very like an unvented kite (very like the standard in fact but with a bit more inertia). I only tried it out of curiosity but I did end up really rather wanting one. Another friend (not the owner) told me he had tried most vented kites and he thought it was the best he had flown - I haven't tried that many vented kites but the Talon is certainly the best of the ones I have tried.
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:45 AM »

Ditto here Tongue

The new Frank!
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 05:55 AM »

Got my hands on one for a while 2 weeks ago, and I soooo didn't want to hand the lines back  Grin
I don't think its going to make 30 mph fun but, it extended the range of the STD's fun zone out by another 30% easy.

Not to mention the looks. Cool smokin'

WinterDaze AoF
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 11:54 AM »

Thanks for the reports.
Sounds like I need to get one.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Mark E Mark

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:02 PM »

If you already own the Standard and UL and like them then, yes, you should. If you haven't got either of them I would get them first.
DWayne

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:11 PM »

If you already own the Standard and UL and like them then, yes, you should. If you haven't got either of them I would get them first.

I really like my standard. My UL has been ordered. It should be here in the next few weeks. From what I've heard I'll probably like the UL as much or than the std.

Denny

Mark E Mark

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:34 PM »

You might like the UL more - the balance is exquisite  Wink. If you like the standard, and have the money, buy the vented without hesitation.
jaydub

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:20 PM »

You might like the UL more - the balance is exquisite  Wink. If you like the standard, and have the money, buy the vented without hesitation.
Mmmmmm.  UL or Vented?  UL or Vented?

Suffering from itchy purse stings. Smiley
portley777

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 01:31 PM »

Got my hands on one for a while 2 weeks ago, and I soooo didn't want to hand the lines back  Grin

Mmm...who else has got one of these kites in the hood ey? Very nice kit there Smiley

Cheers,
Mike

kite a fly go
Adicakes
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 04:20 PM »

Max has the second one in Melbourne, yo.
Mark E Mark

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 04:25 PM »

That's easy - UL absolutely lovely kite to fly. You will fly the UL much more often than the vented - flies well into standard type winds.
DWayne

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 06:02 PM »

You really need one of each, don't you?

Denny

portley777

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 07:00 PM »

Max has the second one in Melbourne, yo.
Well done Max! He's got good taste in kites Smiley

Cheers,

Mike

kite a fly go
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 07:17 PM »

Don't use that as an excuse not to bring your Vented 'T' down Mike, I'm sure we can make good use of the time. Or for that matter maybe it might be time to air out that really big kite  Roll Eyes

If injuries allow that is Wink

WinterDaze AoF
jaydub

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 11:46 PM »

That's easy - UL absolutely lovely kite to fly. You will fly the UL much more often than the vented - flies well into standard type winds.
Yes, I sort of know that.  It's just that I've got a DS that almost does the UL job and I haven't got anything that goes above the Talon standard's wind range.  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum