GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 07:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talon Vented  (Read 5555 times)
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 05:34 AM »

Please send me those green leaders they don't match that beautiful kite Cheesy

They're actually flo yellow, but if you want a pair email me your address.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
DWayne

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 11:23 AM »

Let us know your thoughts in terms of performance (of course it will be all SUL wind for you now for ages).

Much to my surprise I had 15 to 20 mph wind when it arrived. More of the same today and predicted to stay the same for the next few days.  Cool
The first hour I really didn't get it. Its the first vented kite I've flown. ( Except for a vented Rev, but kites with training wheels don't really count.  Cheesy )  The second hour I started to get a feel for the stiffer frame, added weight, and different bridle.
Its pretty cool to be able to stand flat footed in 15 mph wind and do multi lazies or back spins. I think the next few days are going to be fun.  Wink

Denny

Mark E Mark
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 01:30 PM »

Well, I had a fly of the Talon Vented today in some very strong wind. According to the wind meter of a fellow flyer the wind was gusting between 6 and 35mph! I was very surprised to find how stiff the frame of the Vented feels - I mean really exceedingly stiff. The wind was extremely gusty and very uneven and the Talon did take it surprisingly well - I've gotta do some stuff now but may post a bit more later.
DWayne

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 08:20 AM »

Its taken a while for my little mind to "get" this kite. Its heavier and pulls harder than the standard. My instinct is to give bigger harder inputs. But with the stiffer frame and different bridle this kite actually needs smaller, better timed inputs. Counterintuitive? Seems to me. Any way, now that I'm starting to get it, I'm really liking this kite. It cascades in 15 mph wind with the same inputs the UL needs to cascade in 3 mph wind. And it does the flattest 540's and slots I've ever seen.

Denny

Jest_of_Eve
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 01:38 PM »

And it does the flattest 540's and slots I've ever seen.

Denny

And, up until the last couple of weeks it did the worst 540's and Slots anyone's ever seen!!  Cheesy (relative to STD/UL)

Mark

http://www.jestofevekites.com
http://www.justin.tv/jest_of_eve

The Talon colourizer will increase your sex-drive and save the world from climate change and pixies!
DWayne

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 10:40 AM »

And it does the flattest 540's and slots I've ever seen.

Denny

And, up until the last couple of weeks it did the worst 540's and Slots anyone's ever seen!!  Cheesy (relative to STD/UL)

Mark

I don't know what you changed, but it sure worked.  Grin

Denny

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document